5en Aka Csn

Guest tokenganjaclan

Guest tokenganjaclan

WOW, I normally wouldn't chime in but all the hype on this one had me get a copy.

OVER -RATED

I seen this when I was younger as most of you have as well. Thought it was cool back then. Everything is cool when you're 15. I had LONG forgot this one so picked it up and watched it. Bore Fest!!! I guess you can add me to the non-venoms liking list. Everytime one of their flicks gets ready to drop I see all kinds of hype, But my opinion it's just hype. Maybe it's just everyone wants to relive that feeling of late night watching KF on the tv? So far I've only liked 2 Venoms flicks 5 Venoms and Crippled..The others Blah!!!

I like the movies that have 1 or 2 members better..SSWRB , 2 Champs ECT!!!

Maybe I'm just getting older, and these aren't as cool as they were back then?

I find myself liking the more drama based movies now, as in Blood Brothers ect!!! Man what a let-down, for me at least!!! Average at best 2-5

Not 5-5 as most think!!! IMO

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mr. Vampire
this is one of my favorite cheesy movies and Chan Wai Man is so badass. I love this movie. I give it a 4.5/5

+1 to that...

Guest peringaten

Sorry, but I'm struggling to think of better choreo for my tastes and this film is inundated with the stuff. Someone please tell me a more tasty weaponry sight from Shaws than Tien Chi and Chu Ker, particularly, wielding them axes. I think age has little to do with appreciating these flicks; for me furthered understanding helps even. Looking forward to seeing this remastered.

Guest oldeschool17

screw you guys, i loved this movie cheese or no cheese. Elemental ninjas, weapons, revenge, ninja whoreism, what more could you ask for?!?!

Guest Von Humboldt Fleischer

It's pishflaps. Probably the dumbest, most soulless, cynical piece of crap Chang Cheh ever excreted from between his huge puffy buttocks.

In a word, then: pishflaps.

I like the movies that have 1 or 2 members better..SSWRB , 2 Champs ECT!!!

So, are you saying you like it now? There's only one Venom in it. ;)

Guest Morgoth
If you liked CHINESE SUPER NINJAS, you'll love AEON FLUX.

I havent seen it so I will check it out. Thanks for the recommendation.

Guest Mr. Vampire
It's pishflaps. Probably the dumbest, most soulless, cynical piece of crap Chang Cheh ever excreted from between his huge puffy buttocks.

In a word, then: pishflaps.

That is, if he's even the one directing it, eh, Mr Pishflaps? My vote for 'dumbest, most soulless cynical piece of crap' would be "Dancing Warrior" though.

Guest Von Humboldt Fleischer
That is, if he's even the one directing it, eh, Mr Pishflaps?

I'm not sure what that means, but I really hope that nickname doesn't catch on.

DANCING WARRIOR is spectacularly stupid, but it's not lazy and cynical like CHINESE SUPER NINJAS. At least it's trying something new (if admittedly weird, confusing and silly) rather than just rolling out exhausted old tropes to string together elaborate fight scenes.

5EN was OK... Not my favorite, not my Chang Cheh favorite... But it still was a pleasant viewing experience. It had this comic-book feel to it that I thoroughly enjoyed... It was -- very cowbell...:cool:

Guest gfanikf
That would be neat-o! :D

Cool, check my website by about 1 PM. I would post it directly here, but I need those HITS!!! :)

Also I'm going to post the trailer for Fatal Vacation AKA Eric Tsang is RAMBO!

Guest Iron Boat

I am not a huge venom fan at all, and though I dont consider 5EN a venom flick I do consider it the best cheese ever. The choreo is definitely superb, I just wish the sets were not so clean. The grimey look would of done this film well.

Guest teako170
Give my site a click now ;)

Whoooooooaaa :cool:

VENOMS and NINJAS and CREAM SODA & MILK (oh my!)

That joint was kick arse!

Can't wait to get. Thanks for sharing Ian.

Guest Cobra_Kai

I havent seen 5EM since i was a kid -- actually the first KF movie I ever saw, so i'm really anxious to revisit. Probably won't hold up as well as I remember, but I have to watch it.

Guest ironfistedmonk

Comparing this to Aeon Flux is just downright insulting lol 5EN knows it's a cheesy fu fest, Aeon Flux thinks it's some trendy stylish actioner when it's just a load of tripe for the MTV no brainer generation.

Archived