Worst modern fights

Guest Hermeskungfu

Guest Hermeskungfu

I watched Charlie's Angels : Full Throttle last night, haven't seen it for ages. I remembered an article in Kungfu Magazine that talked about what Yuen Cheung-Yan had hoped to achieve:

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=366

Perhaps McG is to blame, but the fights are so bad, so sub-Matrix, surely this is as bad as it gets. Though I wasn't impressed with the final fight in Blade 3 or the final fight in A Man Called Hero. I'm sure there are others I have just forgotten.

Guest Von Humboldt Fleischer

ASHES OF TIME. There might be some good fighting going on there, but Christopher Doyle's annoying pretentious jittery camerawork and Wong Kar-Wai's artsy fartsy frame-skipping slo-mo make sure that everyone involved looks as stupid and incompetent as possible.

Guest TheGrimReaper

Probably one of the worst (ever) fight scenes for me occured in one low budget movie with Jean Claude van Damme - Derailed - do not go near this so-called-movie... The latest movies by once great Steven Seagal - again something the martial arts movies industry has to be ashamed of. And one old movie with Jackie Chan - The Prisoner (Island on fire) also starring Sammo Hung, Andy Lau, Tony Leung and Jimmy Wang Yu... The Twins Effect 2: Huadu Chronicles is another terrible example of how an action scene shouldn't be made at all...

Guest Chinatown Kid

I'll have to agree with the guy that said Iron Monkey 2, that mess was so undercranked you couldn't even tell what the hell was going on. Donnie definately took it to far with the camera speed in that flick.....

Hmmm...I've previously got my hands on a movie called The Tiger Blade. In the trailer the movie and fight scenes looks so awesome, but when I watched the movie i was so disappointed.

The actors fight scenes was just absolutely dire, small kicks and the enemies went flying.

Guest Chinatown Kid

The fights in the original Bloodfist starring Don Wilson really sucked ass, the fights in the sequel were quite an improvement. The fights in the Jet Li flick The Master were pretty lame as well, the fights in his other flick Dragon Fight were alot better.....

I think the movie was called License to Kill featuring Mark Dacascos. After watching Drive I was pumped watching this because it featured both Mark and his co-star Kadeem Hardison. I thought it was a sequel or something... the movie was pure crap! Drive was probably one of the best American martial arts films ever created and License to Kill had to be the worst. What inconsistency....

Guest Drunken Monk

While ranked highly most of the fights in "Story of Ricky" aka "Ricki Oh" are awful. Ok, so they're funny what with the copious gore but there is no style in them. They're wooden and look awkward.

Guest Markgway

Holy shit, that's bad!!

I've seen better fighting in a playground.

I love how the guy with gun waits until Tong Po has had the crap kicked out of him before saying something...

Really bad filmmaking.

Guest Iron_Jinon
Holy shit, that's bad!!

I've seen better fighting in a playground.

I love how the guy with gun waits until Tong Po has had the crap kicked out of him before saying something...

Really bad filmmaking.

well,you cannot expect much realism from certain movies...should he be better to go and shoot him?but yes almost any fight is better than this,really bad filmmaking indeed

Guest froffeecoffee

When the fighting is really bad, moments like standing and waiting around with a gun stick out even more. This goes beyond, suspension of disbelief.