battle warrior

Guest globe

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wierd, they already have Spirited Killer released last year. This 'new' DVD isn't out till next month. Haven't a clue why they changed the title, or if they did.

The synopsis on Amazon sounds like Ong Bak.

Guest will91XingYu

Thats exact same dvd cover for Spirited Warrior with Tony Jaa, it's not great, he's only in it for like 10 minutes, but his fight is good with Pana. A really good thai film to get is the original Born to Fight! The stunts in that are insane!

Guest The Running Man

That's not the same cover as Spirited Warrior.

If anyone gets this DVD, please post comments as I myself saw it in a store and have no idea about it.

Guest Morgoth

I just go this yesterday. It has a HORRIBLE English dub, but luckily there is an original language track and subtitles. Picture quality is good enough. Unfortunately, the movie is really bad. Even worse than Spirited Killer! Not very many fights, the stunts aren't anything special, and Tony Jaa only has 2 fights. Jaa's 2 fights are pretty good, but that is the only good thing I can say about the movie. If you are a fan of really bad cheesy movies you may like it, but not nearly enough fighting for me. Not even the big finale is worth sticking around for. I give it a rating of 1/5, and that is being generous. This movie really makes you appreciate how much effort was put into the 2 Born to Fight movies.

SPECIAL FEATURES-

4 minute interview with Jaa talking about Tom Yum Goong. No new information here, but while he is talking they show a really cool demonstration he did on some TV show.

6 minute interview with Jaa talking about his inspiration for getting into films and also a few other interesting topics.

10 minute interview on some Thai comedy TV show with Prachya Pinkaew, Tony Jaa, Panna, and Petchtai Wongkamlao. Mildly entertaining.

5 minute demonstration and interview that Jaa did in Hong Kong. Good stuff here, but nothing you haven't seen before if you are a Jaa fan.

22 minute interview with the producer of Pechpanna Films and a director/actor for the company. Awesome interview! They talk about some really cool stuff. It isn't subtitled and the dubbing is really cheesy, but that actually makes it more enjoyable (to me at least). And there are some good action scenes mixed into the interview.

3 minute Tony Jaa interview. It seems like they are just trying to pile on the special features with this. Only thing to talk about is a 1 minute demo they show at the end of the interview.

Last but not least is an interview with Christoph Kluppel who is a big German guy that stars in Battle Warrior. He talks about his film career. I suppose this would be interesting if I was a fan of him.

Guest Morgoth

He has about 10 minutes screentime, and only 3 or 4 minutes of fight time. His first fight is the only good fight in the movie. His second fight is kind of a waste.

Guest will91XingYu

I wonder why they are releasing all these bad movies with Tony Jaa when he only has like 5 minutes of screentime. I love Tony Jaa and love seeing his old work but can't they find one where he has a larger role or something. I hope they release more like the original Born to Fight that film is insane.

Guest Morgoth

They release them because idiots like me buy them. But I agree with you, there are a lot of great Panna movies they could be releasing instead of this crap.

Guest will91XingYu

I'll still probably buy it becuase the extras sound good and i want to see more of Tony Jaa, why do his movies take so long to make!

Guest will91XingYu

Fair enough, i'll see if there are no other martial arts movies that i want to buy i'll probably end up getting this or another season of south park.

Archived