Interviews, bios

Guest Endsang

Guest Endsang

Greetings everyone.

I am a huge fan of classic kung fu and wuxia movies, and I love learning more about the actors. I have alot of favourite actors, but it's really hard to find interviews and proper bios on the stars from the 70's and 80's. I've found some through google searching, but there are certain actors I can't find any info about, and I'm wondering if it even exists. Finding stuff on the biggest stars like Ti Lung, Sammo Hung, Gordon Liu etc. isn't as hard, but I'd mostly like to find out more about some of the lesser known stars.

I would really appreciate it if someone here has links to some rare bios, interviews or just random trivia about any HK kung fu actor from the period. Examples of actors I would like to know more about is Yen Shi Kwan, Yuen Shun Yee, Chi Kuan Chun, Hsiao Hou, Wilson Tong, Wei Pai, Wang Lung Wei, Tino Wong, Don Wong Tao ... Anyone really! Anything about the actors, like background, their careers, what they're doing now.

Also, I read somewhere that Hwang Jang Lee was interviewed in 2002. Anyone know if it has been released, and if not, when?

Thanks!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest teako170
Chi Kuan Chun

His site is http://www.chinakongfu.org

(Chinese only. The English version seems to have gone the way of the dinosaur)

Wei Pai

Nonsense! :P

Wang Lung Wei

Johnny is alive and well. He wanted to come to Phillyfest with Lo Mang but the funds just weren't there. I interviewed him a few years back and hope to talk to him again for this Fu Sheng tribute I'm working on for next year. Mike Leeder did an interview with him last year for some Dragon Dynasty DVDs (though I don't know which ones).

Don Wong Tao

Check out his audio commentary with Toby Russell on Rarescope's "Along Comes A Tiger."

Archived