The Club (Kirk Wong)

Guest mark187

Guest mark187

hey, anybody heard anything about a possible Joysales/Fortune Star release? they've recently been releasing several other of Kirk Wong's films on vcd, so I'm hoping for this one as well! likewise, does anybody have the UK vhs release of it, I believe that's the only availalble version at this time...too bad it's PAL:mad:

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Markgway

Joy Sales don't have the rights to this.

It was an indie movie produced by Verdull, I think.

You've probably got as much change of an international release as a HK one for something like this.

Guest mark187

ok damn...well I suppose I'll have to buy the PAL tape and have it converted to NTSC! do you know the easiest/cheapest way to do that by any chance? by the way, is there any difference between this version http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/THE-CLUB-FULL-UNCUT-VERSION-CHAN-WAI-MAN_W0QQitemZ200112902025QQihZ010QQcategoryZ1508QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

and this version http://www.amazon.co.uk/Club-Chan-Wai-Man/dp/B00004CSYT/ref=sr_1_1/203-5744940-1829533?ie=UTF8&s=video&qid=1193343145&sr=1-1

thanks!

Guest Whirlwind

I`ve got 2 different copies of The Club.One is from an Ocean Shores VHS which I presume would be NTSC.It`s probably the better of the two prints but has a not so good dub.

OS

pdvd000ev0.jpg

This is what you can expect from the subbed EH version at Amazon :

pdvd001fy7.jpg

I thought the film took a while to get going but it really picks up in the second half.:)

so then the UK subbed tape from Eastern Heroes that is sold on Amazon is uncut right?

Nope..There are some scenes after the movie has finished that are played without sound but they don't appear in the actual movie.

Guest Markgway
Nope..There are some scenes after the movie has finished that are played without sound but they don't appear in the actual movie.

Were those scenes supposed to be in the movie or were they taken from an extended print?

I haven't seen the film in over a decade.

Were those scenes supposed to be in the movie or were they taken from an extended print?

I haven't seen the film in over a decade.

To be honest I'm not sure. I did see the film before the EH VHS on either VCD or a Chinese VHS and I know the scene with the hairdryer was in the movie itself.

Guest will91XingYu

I've always heard about this film, and I've seen the bit where Wilson Tong and this other guy assassinate this dude with chainsaws or something. Is it true Kwan Young Moon is in this as well?

thanks.

Guest Whirlwind
I've always heard about this film, and I've seen the bit where Wilson Tong and this other guy assassinate this dude with chainsaws or something. Is it true Kwan Young Moon is in this as well?

thanks.

Were they boat propellers ? I think Kwan Young Moon was in it briefly but I can`t recall him fighting.I think I need to rewatch this one soon.

Were they boat propellers ?

Yeah! Not the choice of weapon you usually associate the Triads with. The propellers did the job though but what a mess it left!

Guest will91XingYu

lol, thanks thats the one! I just watched My Young Auntie which has Wilson Tong and Kwan Young Moon fighting at the end, man those guys are so good! Kwan Young Moon has some uber cool kicks on him!

Guest gfanikf
According to Chan Wai Man himself, this movie was based on real events in his life. I hope this gets a good DVD release soon.

He sure ran across some strung out nasty looking naked white women than lol. If you've seen the movie you know what I mean. The reason I mention race is because its just odd that an entire club of Chinese men and WOMEN and there are "dancing" naked white women. Its just odd.

Guest mark187

arrgh! after paying 50 bucks for this movie (20 for the pal tape and another 30 to have it converted to a dvd so i could watch it), the movie blacks out at the end, clearly before the fight is over. can anybody post a link to where I can watch the entire finale?

arrgh! after paying 50 bucks for this movie (20 for the pal tape and another 30 to have it converted to a dvd so i could watch it), the movie blacks out at the end, clearly before the fight is over. can anybody post a link to where I can watch the entire finale?

Send me a PM and i'll help you out.

Archived