The 'Bronzemen' Movies Thread

Guest Shaolin Monk

On 7/31/2018 at 9:43 PM, Drunken Monk said:

I've owned The Unbeaten 28 for years now and never bothered watching it because I assumed it fell along the lines of 8 Masters (which I dislike). I just watched the trailer for the hell of it and...It looks amazing! Is it as good as it looks? ....

Not quite but it's still good fun! The training missions and chambers have a similar goofy charm to the other Bronzemen films - and although it slightly falls short of those classics, it's still worth a watch with an entertaining final fight.

I have the Korean VHS with some killer artwork (and mercifully is in Mandarin with burnt English and Korean subs - as the Eng dub is horrible on this one):

IMG_3662.JPG

IMG_3663.JPG

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ThunderScore said:

Scenes from RIVALS OF THE SILVER FOX were shoehorned into this Thai film from IFD, but it has its' own Bronzemen -

Another sub genre, Bronzemenploitation?.

• Like 4

These images appear to be from a live show?, former Bronzemen movies extras, now used in live stage shows for tourist's?

Taken from this article Link- http://monphai.com/thap-bat-dong-nha-tran-phap-huyen-thoai-cua-thieu-lam-khien-giang-ho-khiep-so.html

giai-ma-tran-phap-huyen-thoai-cua-thieu-

giai-ma-tran-phap-huyen-thoai-cua-thieu-

More Carter Wong VS Team Bronze

MV5BNzgwYzUyNzEtYjZjYS00ZDA4LTg5YTgtOGRi

MV5BODM4MWZiNzEtNWI2Ni00MGU1LWE4NjEtMTRj

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 4

Tong Zi Bai Fo

Some related images. I’m here at the 12th Zhengzhou Shaolin Wushu Festival and spotted some real life bronzemen/golden arhats.

4A21D2FB-043A-47FC-950F-3221038A3342.jpeg

09C148D4-9C98-4D05-8738-4E7F11297B84.jpeg

• Like 5

On 10/21/2018 at 11:33 PM, RedPhoenix said:

Not quite but it's still good fun! The training missions and chambers have a similar goofy charm to the other Bronzemen films - and although it slightly falls short of those classics, it's still worth a watch with an entertaining final fight.

I have the Korean VHS with some killer artwork (and mercifully is in Mandarin with burnt English and Korean subs - as the Eng dub is horrible on this one):

IMG_3662.JPG

IMG_3663.JPG

That's awesome! 

My cousin had this film on VHS and we would often watch it at his place when were kids. His copy was the English dubbed version (Ocean Shores crew) and of all my years, I've never seen this film in its original Mandarin Chinese language. I wouldn't even hold my breath for a widescreen copy because I've never heard of anyone having a 35mm film print of it.

Again, not the best kung-fu film but Meng Fei does a pretty okay job in it.

Michael

• Like 2

If anyone is wondering why the Japanese bluray of "18 Bronzemen" has a different cut compared to the original Taiwanese cut is because the director, Joseph Kuo, stated in an Taiwanese interview that when it was released in Japan, he decided to go back and film scenes with the kid character to specifically for the Japanese audiences.

Apparently, the idea worked and the film was successful in Japan.

Unfortunately, that means the version currently available on bluray is the Japanese cut with the added scenes (along with a terribly remixed soundtrack).

My apologies if this has been answered on the thread before.

Michael

• Like 3

4 hours ago, gskmeva said:

If anyone is wondering why the Japanese bluray of "18 Bronzemen" has a different cut compared to the original Taiwanese cut is because the director, Joseph Kuo, stated in an Taiwanese interview that when it was released in Japan, he decided to go back and film scenes with the kid character to specifically for the Japanese audiences.

Apparently, the idea worked and the film was successful in Japan.

Unfortunately, that means the version currently available on bluray is the Japanese cut with the added scenes (along with a terribly remixed soundtrack).

My apologies if this has been answered on the thread before.

Michael

Thanks for the insight, Michael. Wasn't aware of that fact.

• Like 3