The 'Bronzemen' Movies Thread

Guest Shaolin Monk

At the end of Rivals of Silver Fox the guy has to fight an army of silver bronze people, I also have 18 gold destroyers coming in the mail, I think its some knockoff movie and not just a different name, looks terrible, Ill have to watch it

The Bronzemen also make a short appearance in Stephen Chow's God of Cookery. 

And where Joseph Kuo sopposedly got the idea from, the 'golden girl' from Goldfinger. I remember reading that although Im having a hard time backing that up right now... nonetheless.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

There was also a kung fu movie titled General Stone which featured fighting statues. 

~

Below is a copy of 18 Bronzemen 3 on VHS that I have, AKA Eight Masters. This is the only release of this film titled as "18 Bronzemen 3" that Im aware of. I was super excited to see it in stock. Therefore I had to order it (a few years ago). Theres also a version of 1 and 2 with the same box art.They sent me the 18 Bronzemen 1 VHS on accident. I thought my hope for attaining the VHS I ordered was lost. I messaged them, they apologized, sent my VHS, and told me to keep 18 Bronzemen 1!

image.jpg

• Like 1

18 Bronzemen has just surfaced as a nice looking 1080p web download. Sadly the chinese subs are burnt in and non-removable.

• Like 1

Killer Meteor
On 7/29/2018 at 8:56 PM, saltysam said:

18 Bronzemen has just surfaced as a nice looking 1080p web download. Sadly the chinese subs are burnt in and non-removable.

Which version was it? There's the original 1976 version, but when Mei Ah released it in widescreen it was a re-issue with footage from later Carter Wong films stuck in.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Killer Meteor said:

Which version was it? There's the original 1976 version, but when Mei Ah released it in widescreen it was a re-issue with footage from later Carter Wong films stuck in.

not sure, i haven't bothered downloading it from Cinemageddon as it has no english friendly options. the description gives a run time of 94 minutes.

Drunken Monk

I've owned The Unbeaten 28 for years now and never bothered watching it because I assumed it fell along the lines of 8 Masters (which I dislike). I just watched the trailer for the hell of it and...

giphy.gif

It looks amazing! Is it as good as it looks? If it is, this is going right to the top of my "to watch" list. i love a bit of Joseph Kuo. i just dislike Carter Wong so have avoided a few of his films. I may have avoided this one accidentally! Woe is me.

• Like 1

DragonClaws
20 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

It looks amazing! Is it as good as it looks? If it is, this is going right to the top of my "to watch" list. i love a bit of Joseph Kuo. i just dislike Carter Wong so have avoided a few of his films. I may have avoided this one accidentally! Woe is me.

Worth watching if you are a fan of Joseph Kuo, but I dont recall it being a stone cold classic show stopper. Have a copy of this lying around somewhere, the old MIA U.K R2 release.

• Like 2

Brother Wan(Carter Wong) fights one of the expressionless 18 Bronzemen.

the-18-bronzemen

Someone at the Temple must spend hours polishing these guys?, to keep them so shiny.

MV5BYjFmMzU5YTItY2FkMy00ZDlkLWFiMDktZjkx

Musical statues was a popular past time at Shaolin Temple.

MV5BNmEyNzA1YWEtNDlkOC00MDllLWFhZDAtYzQ2

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Someone at the Temple must spend hours polishing these guys?, to keep them so shiny.

MV5BYjFmMzU5YTItY2FkMy00ZDlkLWFiMDktZjkx

Musical statues was a popular past time at Shaolin Temple.

MV5BNmEyNzA1YWEtNDlkOC00MDllLWFhZDAtYzQ2

:bs_coveredlaugh:🤣🤣

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ThunderScore said:

Is this scope of this thread limited only to the Joseph Kuo films or any Bronzemen titles?

Absolutely anything featuring Bronzeman or similar, weve mentioned shaolin wooden men, golden horses, rock figures, etc.   I think most films featuring bronzemen have been covered in this thread so far, unless someone goes through and finds that some were missed.

• Like 2

More Bronzemen... Decided to simply re-edit a sort of Super 8mm digest version of the first Clones vs. Bronzemen sequence, instead of posting the entire feature -

Edited by ThunderScore
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Silver and Gold Dragon said:

I think the real name of the movie is The Feats of Fong Sai-Yuk:

Yes, you are right, it's the movie with Fung Bo Bo playing Fong Sai Yuk, Margaret Tu Chuan as Fong Sai Yuk's mother and Adam Cheng as one of the Shaolin temple disciple and Fong Sai Yuk's friend.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Yes, you are right, it's the movie with Fung Bo Bo playing Fong Sai Yuk, Margaret Tu Chuan as Fong Sai Yuk's mother and Adam Cheng as one of the Shaolin temple disciple and Fong Sai Yuk's friend.

I like how even in the early 1990s, it was still fairly common for Thai posters to have that traditional designed by hand look. I think it's a bit of a shame that kind of design/style is missing from the promotions of most modern movies.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Silver and Gold Dragon said:

I think it's a bit of a shame that kind of design/style is missing from the promotions of most modern movies.

I agree 100% !!

• Like 3