The 'Bronzemen' Movies Thread

Guest Shaolin Monk

Guest Shaolin Monk

I just ordered 18 Bronzemen 1 and 2 Mei Ah version. Mei Ah from my limited experience releases

remastered titles and not bullshit. Are these two versions remastered? Ive never heard of these

versions. They are both widescreen with English and Chinese subtitles. Sup wit dat?

1.jpg

2.jpg

--------------------------------

Shaolin Monk

Guest Killer Meteor

I like the new covers

Mei Ah's treatment of the Kuo titles was so-so. 18 Bronzemen was a re-edit, the picture quality is quite poor digitially speaking and the subs are awful - in Shaolin Kids, everytime somebody makes an indigant grunt, the subs say "Hen"

Guest kingking

I recommand German released 18 bronzeman 1&2 2disc edition.

18 bronzeman 1

HK version (Anamorphic!! Mei-ah print) with Mandalin audio.

German sub. No English subtitles.

German version (Anamorphic!! (Not Mei-ah's)cut version with Alternate opening Sequence!) with Germany audio.

No English subtitles.

18 bronzeman 2

HK version (Anamorphic!! Mei-ah print) with Mandalin audio.

German sub. No English subtitles.

German version (Anamorphic!! Not Mei-ah print) with Germany audio.

No English subtitles.

If you like the "Rebell of Shaolin" ,German DVD also recommnad.

Anamorphic print & Mandalin,English Audio with English subtitles!

Guest Von Humboldt Fleischer

Wow, I really like the new covers. It'd be hard to justify the expense of buying yet enother copy of 18 BRONZEMEN just for a cool cover, though.

Guest Shaolin Monk

I just recieved these in the mail today. The print is the same as the First Mei Ah discs

they could be considered remastered at least 90%. The discs are not exactly the same

as the first Mei Ah discs that i own. Both DVD'S Come in a Hard dvd slipcase, come w/

clear DVD cases. Both have visuals inside and outside both of the box and dvd case..

as well as in the dvd case where Mei Ah tells us about other titles. Im definitely going

to keep my eye out for that German print of 1` and 2`. If it's better i plan on transfering

the english audio tracks to a DVD-9. Both of these are WS with removable eng/ch subs.

The presentation is amazing if i have some time next week i will make a few scans.

18-1.jpg

18-2.jpg

Guest Shaolin Monk

the new versions come with a hard slip case and clear dvd case. it is the same around as the

covers except the letters are raised, glazed and glossy. figure someone might like to see this.

1btz3.jpg

2bjk8.jpg

Guest Shaolin Monk

Ive had 18 Bronzemen 1 and 2 english dub for a while. Recently i bought the Mei Ah

remastered versions. While watching 18 Bronzemen (the 1st one, Mei Ah) i was kind

of suprised to find out that it is not a re-edit of 18 Bronzemen 1 *English Dub. Most

of the film is footage from a film called 8 Masters. Mei Ah's print of this movie has

scenes in it that are not even in ''8 Masters'' or ''18 Bronzemen" (eng dub). What film

officially is actually ''18 Bronzemen''. Which one came first. I assume the HK Version.

In the USA ''8 masters'' is recognized as, and i quote ''18 Bronzemen 3''. Where does that

leave ''18 Bronzemen *One (english dub) if a re-edit of 8 Masters is 18 Bronzemen in

China. I dont think ive ever heard of anyone commenting on this confusion. Could

someone make clear the reasoning, the why's the when's, what came first. What

exactly is the Chronology behing the HK versions and the Usa Versions of ths series.

Have a list of extra footage in Mei Ah version of 18 bm part one? Why is the American

English dubb an entirely different movie. How did it come about? Is the HK edition to be

considered the ''official'' 18 Bronzemen?

If that is so then where does that leave 18 Bronzemen english dub, The real ''8 Masters"?

Guest Shaolin Monk

For those that are interested. I re-reviewed "18 Bronzemen" 1 (english dub), "8 Masters" English dub.

I conclude that HK Version is the Real 18 Bronzemen. The English dubs of the films mentioned above

are the consistency of the Mei Ah release. The question still remains. Why is there an english dubb w/

content from who knows what movie that is half 18 Bronzemen (original) %30 another film that is called

18 Bronzemen. This must have been extra and alternate footage shot. It's the only logical exp. There is a

lot of footage in the new remastered Mei Ah release such as this video clip i uploaded that is not in the eng

dub. Anyone have anything to add to this. BTW (18 Bronzemen 1, 2 are remastered. Not anamorphic but

until i get the german release this will fit just perfectly.

4LmO1ETmaco

Hi,

I'm not sure if I understand your post. Are you saying that there's a differenec between the Mei Ah release & the English dub of 18 Bronzemen? I think I remeber people on the board telling me that the English dub was better for some reason. Is the new Mei Ah dvd of 18 Bronzemen a remastered print?

h

We talked about this a while back. Kuo re-edited all his films for international release and 18 Bronzemen was changed in the late 80s. The version Mei Ah has is the re-edited version. I'm hoping one day a company like NEW in Germany can get all the pieces together and do a complete set of 18 Bronzemen films.

Guest D_Davis
We talked about this a while back. Kuo re-edited all his films for international release and 18 Bronzemen was changed in the late 80s. The version Mei Ah has is the re-edited version. I'm hoping one day a company like NEW in Germany can get all the pieces together and do a complete set of 18 Bronzemen films.

This thing seems to be common with the films by Kuo and Robert Tai. It's as if they tried to get more "films" out of the films they made. Economic to be sure!

Kind of like the Road Runner cartoons. Just film a couple of hours worth of material, and then through the power of editing, compile a bunch of different films using shared footage.

Guest Shaolin Monk

It's remastered HAZ, and it is just super. But it is not anamorphic which reduces the number of scan lines

to near zero. This reduces the number of blocks (the grid) the picture is stretched over because anamorphic

transfer segments are stretched horizontally over the scan lines found in Widescreen and letterbox transfers.

Here some screen caps.

post-0-144191879205_thumb.jpg

post-0-144191879206_thumb.jpg

post-0-144191879207_thumb.jpg

post-0-144191879209_thumb.jpg

post-0-14419187921_thumb.jpg

This thing seems to be common with the films by Kuo and Robert Tai. It's as if they tried to get more "films" out of the films they made. Economic to be sure!

It's slightly different. Tai cut down longer production to make a couple or three features. Kou actually made new cuts to export. It wasn't that he was trying to pull one over on the public, it was just understood that the export market wanted more fights in their films, more of a certain actor, or shorter films, and he often changed them to do so. A great example would be 36 Deadly Strikes.

Guest D_Davis
It's slightly different. Tai cut down longer production to make a couple or three features. Kou actually made new cuts to export. It wasn't that he was trying to pull one over on the public, it was just understood that the export market wanted more fights in their films, more of a certain actor, or shorter films, and he often changed them to do so. A great example would be 36 Deadly Strikes.

Yeah - for some reason I often lump Kuo and Tai into the same group, but I know I shouldn't. Kuo actually made some good films, while Tai on the other hand, well, he made some "good" films kind of like Troll 2 is a "good" film.

;)

Guest Shaolin Monk

Haz it's remastered. Both of them believe me. Mei Ah Claims it's also a 16:9 presentation

Anamorphic. I just noticed on the box just today in the DVD Case. It is a lie it is not an

anamorphic presentation but both of the films have been remastered. They both look

really good. . 92%-89% remastered thats my grade on these versions.

The subtitling for 18 Bronzemen were super and then for the 2nd one they are super

horrible. Lol you read me right. I almost want to do it over myself it's pretty bad. A lot

of charm and dialogue were lost in this movie thanks to a rough and typical translation.