Killer Clans (1976)

Guest teako170

Guest Markgway
Then I would suggest again is someone do this: Beat the bootlegers at their own game. One person (and only one) buy a title, then simply trade it to fans or offer it for the price of shipping and a dvd-r. Instead of the bootleggers getting the sales, fans get the titles they're interested in, don't spend a lot of money, and get the legit titles when they come out. You get your fix, but you're doing very little to support the bootlegers that are ruining the chances of us seeing these films. BTW, it's titles. ;)

Exactly the way I see it. Nobody on this forum really needs to buy a Pan Media disc once one trader has it. I hate to say it: but Pan Media counts on fans' ignorance and stubborn, selfish refusal to accept that what they do is plain wrong. As for Bobo's excitement at getting an English Dub for Killer Clans... seriously grow up. If you think that's more important than the future of legit releases in the US market then there's nothing any of us can say that will change your mind.

...and it's titteries

Exactly the way I see it. Nobody on this forum really needs to buy a Pan Media disc once one trader has it. I hate to say it: but Pan Media counts on fans' ignorance and stubborn, selfish refusal to accept that what they do is plain wrong. As for Bobo's excitement at getting an English Dub for Killer Clans... seriously grow up. If you think that's more important than the future of legit releases in the US market then there's nothing any of us can say that will change your mind.

...and it's titteries

i don,t think that getting an english dub version of killer clans is more important than the future of legit dub releases-- but as a true shaw fan i do see a reason to get excited about the appearance of a long sought after and rare movie. i,m excited over all the dubs showing up in the UK. afterall nondub fans have easy access to pretty much EVERY title they want now--while dub fans still have to go on what i call the hunt. as a dub fan i had high expectations for 2007 but it seems the four DD releases is pretty much it for the year. sure i admit that i,m not aware of every thing that goes on behind the scenes and maybe i tend to over simplify--but come on --4 titles after all these years. yes years--as there have been promises of legit US releases long before DD. as for panmedia-like them or not they helped keep the genre alive and i believe their success inspired legit companies to get in on the game. also i would gladdly buy copies of movies like killer clans from a fan and i,ve tried with no luck. i would gladdly buy a dub version of have sword will travel if someone offers it up. also just because i post about a panmedia release does not mean i,m promoting them. i also post about image releases and i can,t stand them for their lies and back stabbing. you know its strange--when i first came on this forum a lot of people here used to praise the groundzero and panmedia releases. how things change--anyway i think some people here tend to over react--- but it did get people talking--things were getting pretty dull around here--and i did manage to find the DD list and no one else has----yet. EAGLES---PREPARE TO LEAVE

• Like 1

Guest oldeschool17

so post up your source that killer clans is on dragon dynasty's acquisitions. dont cut and paste, but post up an actual link to a reputable source.

Guest Killer Meteor
i don,t think that getting an english dub version of killer clans is more important than the future of legit dub releases-- but as a true shaw fan i do see a reason to get excited about the appearance of a long sought after and rare movie. i,m excited over all the dubs showing up in the UK. afterall nondub fans have easy access to pretty much EVERY title they want now--while dub fans still have to go on what i call the hunt. as a dub fan i had high expectations for 2007 but it seems the four DD releases is pretty much it for the year. sure i admit that i,m not aware of every thing that goes on behind the scenes and maybe i tend to over simplify--but come on --4 titles after all these years. yes years--as there have been promises of legit US releases long before DD. as for panmedia-like them or not they helped keep the genre alive and i believe their success inspired legit companies to get in on the game. also i would gladdly buy copies of movies like killer clans from a fan and i,ve tried with no luck. i would gladdly buy a dub version of have sword will travel if someone offers it up. also just because i post about a panmedia release does not mean i,m promoting them. i also post about image releases and i can,t stand them for their lies and back stabbing. you know its strange--when i first came on this forum a lot of people here used to praise the groundzero and panmedia releases. how things change--anyway i think some people here tend to over react--- but it did get people talking--things were getting pretty dull around here--and i did manage to find the DD list and no one else has----yet. EAGLES---PREPARE TO LEAVE

Well you could have asked me and I'd made a DVD-R of the UK Gold Broadcast of Killer Clans

And posting does mean promotion sadly. There's no need to. You're acting like this is the first time Killer Clans has ever been released. It's been on DVD for years in HK. It is not "long sort after and rare."

Oh, you mean the dub? Still no reason to support Panmedia. You could have posted a general request for a fan to perhaps do a copy of the broadcast or sync up the audio to the DVD. That's fine. But I will not have shameless promotion of criminals who are destroying the industry. And it's a dub. I know you love them and I love them too (well, some of them) but they aren't the be-all and end-all of a film, especially one that has been avaliable on DVD for years. If Panmedia released Tiger Boy, that'd be something to holler about - ie. I'd probably shoplift one and trade it over the forums

Please understand how upset we get over the mention of Panmeida. You've got a dub of a film that's been easy to find for ages. BOSH! Where's my Angela Mao remastered collection that, thanks to Panmedia, I'm still waiting for?

Guest Von Humboldt Fleischer

It's not people who like dubs. It's people who like pouring cash into the pockets of arrogant scumbags who don't give a toss about the future of legitimate releases.

Guest spannick

as nobody in this fandom was able to do me a DVD-R of the Shaw Dubs from UKgold i will BUY the Panmedia Crap for the Audio track, rip the Track, toss the Panmedia Crap into the Trash and do my own perfect DVD. yes, blabla, not support the scum, but as this is good-quality rip from UK TV, and no other Choice, i will rather take his crap than nothing. most other folks don't even have the chance to redo it into a better DVD. waiting for other UKgold stuff to appear now from hkflix.

Guest Killer Meteor

Considering they've stolen from your work Spannick that surprises me.

I myself could have done you a DVD-r of this and The Spiritual Boxer.

Guest spannick

oh, i don't have a problem if thieves offer stuff i can't get elsewhere, no matter what they stole from me previously. i already used some of his lousy shite to do much better official DVDs.

...and it's titteries

I agree with what was said in Linn's quote, and when you save the money, there's more money for tits!! hehe!!! couldn't resist.

I got the dub of it myself a few weeks back. "Uncle" Ku Feng met with some close calls there along the way.

It's an ok film.

• Like 1

I was about to make a thread but why not just post it here:

Watched this movie a few minutes and it's quite annoying when the subs keeps jumping with the same sentence all the time.

I hope it isn't that way through the whole movie. :monkey19

• Like 2

It's in my top ten list of Shaw Bros. films. Arguably the best of Chor Yuen's Ku Lung adaptations, along with MAGIC BLADE.

KILLER CLANS' source story was later remade as COMET BUTTERFLY AND SWORD with Michelle Yeoh, Tony Leung, Joey Wang and Donnie Yen. It's pretty good too, in a stylized wire-fu kind of way, but I think KILLER CLANS has a better screenplay.

• Like 2

Iron_Leopard

From what I've seen so far from Chor Yuan this is overall his best movie. 

"The Jade Tiger" is still my personal favorite but this is his "Come Drink With Me" or "One Armed Swordsman ".

• Like 4

On 5/20/2020 at 10:00 PM, Iron_Leopard said:

From what I've seen so far from Chor Yuan this is overall his best movie. 

"The Jade Tiger" is still my personal favorite but this is his "Come Drink With Me" or "One Armed Swordsman ".

Can't really argue that, but I'd also put Death Duel up there :thumbsup Maybe a 3 way tie with The Jade Tiger in the mix.....or The Magic Blade and Pursuit of Vengeance. An absolute impossible choice to make. :lol: Slice it in 5 and call it a day.

Clans of Intrigue and Legend of the Bat.....Yeah, this would be a no win choice for me. Or win/win.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/23/2007 at 7:14 PM, Guest oldeschool17 said:

Can you post a link to where it says Dragon Dynasty had the rights to killer clans?

I can see this thread aged well :thumbsup  :lol:

• Haha 1

Chu Liu Hsiang
20 hours ago, DrNgor said:

Question: Did Gu Long's original novel ever get an English translation?

There is a fan translation on spcnet but sadly it has not been finished, and ends at some point in chapter 12. I have not found a complete translation yet. That's especially annoying as in a now defunct board some bilingual wuxia aficionados said KILLER CLANS would be the best adaptation of a Gu Long novel.

Edited by Chu Liu Hsiang
  • Like 2