Flash Point (2007)

Guest Beat TG

Guest Beat TG
i dont believe he has ever made a great film

I disagree... Drunken Tai Chi, Mismatched Couples, In The Line Of Duty 4, Tiger Cage 2, Iron Monkey, Legend Of The Wolf, Ballistic Kiss and SPL. I consider those as his best movies.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Yi Long

Donnie has made some very good movies, but not truly great ones (I feel)

Anyway, trailer looks pretty cool. I sure hope the movie is as actionpacked as that trailer was. When is this out and who else are in the movie?

Guest Beat TG

It will be out in early August. They have been pushing the release date every one month: from May, June to July and now August.

The cast consists of:

-Donnie Yen

-Louis Koo

-Ray Lui

-Fan Bing Bing

-Collin Chou

-Xing Yu

-Kent Cheung

-Xu Qing

-Timmy Hung

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Trailer was nice! Donnie, love em or hate em, is putting out (or involved with) the best action/ma stuff in HK right now. That stuff at the end of the trailer with Donnie knucklin up looked brutal. Those punches were really makin serious contact (ouch)! :eek

Guest Beat TG
That stuff at the end of the trailer with Donnie knucklin up looked brutal. Those punches were really makin serious contact (ouch)!

That's Donnie Yen for ya!:D He's always been great at producing power to each move, even with the action choreography accomplished differently on each movie. Even with his style being inconsistent (he's still developing his style) the power he's resulting always stays consistent so that tells you what he has mastered and what he has yet to be great at.

Guest GwaiLoMoFo
A trailer like that is almost enough to forgive having to lay my eyes on this picture:

:lol

Dont hate!! The man is pretty. :lol

Guest The Amazing Psychoper

Man that guy sure likes himself!!! The movie looks awesome though, that Wilson Yip sure knows how to make an action scene!

I'm not much of a Donnie fan (i dont believe he has ever made a great film)

What!?!:eek How about Iron Monkey???

The Amazing Psycho Per :evil

Guest Tosh
A trailer like that is almost enough to forgive having to lay my eyes on this picture:

You guys need to remember Donnie's a sex symbol in Asia, geez, how many times have you seen Brad Pitt's rippling muscles on magazine covers getting the womens panties all moist. His wife is something fine:eek

Say what you will about Yen, but his punches and kicks have always had power to them, and at his age he looks as good as ever. I'm looking forward to this film, more than anything coming out, it looks raw, and has grit, I'm getting sick of all this fluffy cgi, give me a hard hitting fight before immaculate armour and sets.

Guest Beat TG
his punches and kicks have always had power to them, and at his age he looks as good as ever.

Compared to his peers, Donnie Yen hasn't lost anything and is still in great shape. That tells you something about not only his MA skills but also his body condition.

Guest dyenboy

donnie yen is one of the most popular cheographer in Asia and really the only one producing real fights..

u can hate all u want but the action is in the pudding

Guest theportlykicker
I've enjoyed it less with each viewing.

That's the exact opposite of how I feel about the movie. I started out not liking it very much at all. Now I think it's great.

Guest Beat TG

Differences between people's tastes... understandable. But at least I'm with Portly and the others on Iron Monkey being a great movie despite the undercranking.

Guest dyenboy

it was not a good trailer..to get u into the mood..

but from the action alone, its looks pretty hardcore..

great work DONNIE!!

Guest Beat TG

word is that Donnie himself did the trailer... this may explain why it doesn't look like the typical HK movie trailer.

Guest WalkOn

Looks very promising! Donnie's making it easier for his fans (I'm one of them) who stuck by him throughout the years. Glad he's getting some props, even from the non-fans! ;-)

Way to Go, Donnie!

Guest HungKuen

I'm not watching any more trailers - I don't wanna spoil it.

Then again, I never watch trailers.

Guest Beat TG

I would agree with you on that. But there's still some temptations so it's unavoidable. but I'll avoid any specific scenes uped after the release and wait till the DVD comes out so I can watch it in its entirety.

Archived