Flash Point (2007)

Guest Beat TG

Chinatown Kid

Yes I can see parallels between the two and why I think Yen is innovative in the way Bruce was. Yen blended the striking and grappling arts into a realistic flow just as Bruce brought realistic looking fighting to the screen with his JKD although it was exagerated somewhat for film. When I see fights like that it makes me think these guys can handle their selves for real and are not phonies.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
does anyone think the final fight resembles the final fight in Way of the Dragon? the way they switch and rely on certain moves; bruce having a hard time to get through Chuckie's style and later on realizes that he has to adapt to him so he can defeat him. same thing happens in FP fight (not so obvious though), Donnie can't seem to beat him until he switches to ground techs to defeat him. yeah?

news flash for you..this is old news..donnie has been doing this in his movies for years, look at legend of the wolf, in the line of duty, any movie..he takes from bruce, you figure out the style, once he's done that, its over..

Archived