The Warlords / 投名状 (2007)

Guest udar55

Guest Daisho2004

Shooting has now finished in Northern China on Peter Chan's epic Shooting has now finished in Northern China on Peter Chan's epic "Warlords" and the film looks set to open as scheduled in December. With the three megastars Andy Lau, Jet Li and Takeshi Kaneshiro in its lead roles and featuring support from the likes of Xu Jinglei, anticipation for the film is running high. The production seems to have been a surprisingly smooth affair according to Chan, who said "Shooting has finished, everything was fantastic, no complaints, despite the bad weather in northern China. We had four solid months of shooting". Although the film is based upon the same real life tale of betrayal and murder between brothers, Chan has stated that it is not as such as remake of the 1973 Shaw Brothers classic "The Blood Brothers" which was directed by the legendary Chang Cheh. For all those understandably a little tired of big budget Chinese period epics, the early word on the film is that Chan has been aiming for something grittier and more dramatic - hopefully with less in the way of slow motion martial arts dancing and endless scenes of melancholy characters staring mournfully at CGI enhanced vistas. and the film looks set to open as scheduled in December. With the three megastars Andy Lau, Jet Li and Takeshi Kaneshiro in its lead roles and featuring support from the likes of Xu Jinglei, anticipation for the film is running high. The production seems to have been a surprisingly smooth affair according to Chan, who said "Shooting has finished, everything was fantastic, no complaints, despite the bad weather in northern China. We had four solid months of shooting". Although the film is based upon the same real life tale of betrayal and murder between brothers, Chan has stated that it is not as such as remake of the 1973 Shaw Brothers classic "The Blood Brothers" which was directed by the legendary Chang Cheh. For all those understandably a little tired of big budget Chinese period epics, the early word on the film is that Chan has been aiming for something grittier and more dramatic - hopefully with less in the way of slow motion martial arts dancing and endless scenes of melancholy characters staring mournfully at CGI enhanced vistas.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Daisho2004

Looks great can't wait till it comes out. When is the release date. And is that only for International release? Or is it getting a US release as well.

Interesting, looks like they strayed far from the Shaw movie, lets just hope we don't see Andy Lau floating around like some fairy on wires.

It has Jinglei Xu billed in the movie, I take it's her taking Ching Li's place?

XuJinglei-759286.jpg

Guest Daisho2004

Shooting has now finished in Northern China on Peter Chan's epic Shooting has now finished in Northern China on Peter Chan's epic "Warlords" and the film looks set to open as scheduled in December. With the three megastars Andy Lau, Jet Li and Takeshi Kaneshiro in its lead roles and featuring support from the likes of Xu Jinglei, anticipation for the film is running high. The production seems to have been a surprisingly smooth affair according to Chan, who said "Shooting has finished, everything was fantastic, no complaints, despite the bad weather in northern China. We had four solid months of shooting". Although the film is based upon the same real life tale of betrayal and murder between brothers, Chan has stated that it is not as such as remake of the 1973 Shaw Brothers classic "The Blood Brothers" which was directed by the legendary Chang Cheh. For all those understandably a little tired of big budget Chinese period epics, the early word on the film is that Chan has been aiming for something grittier and more dramatic - hopefully with less in the way of slow motion martial arts dancing and endless scenes of melancholy characters staring mournfully at CGI enhanced vistas. and the film looks set to open as scheduled in December. With the three megastars Andy Lau, Jet Li and Takeshi Kaneshiro in its lead roles and featuring support from the likes of Xu Jinglei, anticipation for the film is running high. The production seems to have been a surprisingly smooth affair according to Chan, who said "Shooting has finished, everything was fantastic, no complaints, despite the bad weather in northern China. We had four solid months of shooting". Although the film is based upon the same real life tale of betrayal and murder between brothers, Chan has stated that it is not as such as remake of the 1973 Shaw Brothers classic "The Blood Brothers" which was directed by the legendary Chang Cheh. For all those understandably a little tired of big budget Chinese period epics, the early word on the film is that Chan has been aiming for something grittier and more dramatic - hopefully with less in the way of slow motion martial arts dancing and endless scenes of melancholy characters staring mournfully at CGI enhanced vistas.

Guest bboyninku

Anyone hyped about this film at all? In case people don't know what film I'm referring to, it's the remake of Chang Cheh's Blood Brothers featuring Jet Li, Andy Lau, and Takeshi Kaneshiro scheduled to be released in Asia Dec 2007. Although it's a war epic I believe this will be a very enjoyable film. I think it will surpass Musa. (Even though I personally thought this film was mediocre everyone seems to love it.)

Jet Li is playing the role Ti Lung played in the original movie so I think Jet's the villain. The trailers so far looks promising though.

Yes, but is was a fake beard. In this film he has own moustache and so on.

Yeah you're right. In fact, everyone in this movie looks really rough and it has that dirty, raw feel to it. A different approach to filming period movies unlike those other ancient, period productions from Asia in recent years which went for the stylish, glamorized look.

Just saw the newest trailer and it's still looking good. Looks like Jet Li is transforming from being a martial arts actor to a serious actor now.

Guest mark187

there is a music video up now on the official site, and it looks like Andy Lau's performance will be equally impressive as Jet Li's, and Takeshi Kaneshiro's

. the song by Andy is really good too! will anybody get a chance to see this in theaters next month?! I will have to wait patiently for the dvd, although it will be hard. I'm very excited about this one, the raw emotions shown in the trailer/music video really grabbed my attention, and as 2007 hasn't had any truly excellent (overall) HK film yet, this one could be the best of the year!

I just saw the trailer they had on the official Warlords webpage. This movie looks very intriguing and I believe this will be an overall great film. Does anyone know the exact release date for this movie? Everywhere I check says its release is December 2007 with no specific date.

it just opened on Decemeber 13th. you can check out a review of it came out a couple weeks ago, over at moviexclusive.com, where it got I believe 4 1/2 out of 5 stars. also, on Facebook.com under the movies section, lots of people have also rated it/commeneted on it and most of them give it really good ratings! personally, I feel it has a good chance of being the best film overall for the year 2007. I can't wait for the dvd to come out!

Archived