Heroes of Shaolin (2008)

Guest Hermeskungfu

Guest Hermeskungfu

Has anyone any news on when the new Lau Kar-Leung movie is likely to be released or how it is going. The latest news I can find is over a year old and IMDB has nothing new. I love his films, though I hope its better than the mess that was Drunken Monkey. There were lots of rumours about this new film then all seems to have gone quiet. Perhaps it got cancelled ? Anyone know what happened ?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest teako170
Has anyone any news on when the new Lau Kar-Leung movie is likely to be released or how it is going. The latest news I can find is over a year old and IMDB has nothing new. I love his films, though I hope its better than the mess that was Drunken Monkey. There were lots of rumours about this new film then all seems to have gone quiet. Perhaps it got cancelled ? Anyone know what happened ?

http://kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2683

Guest FrankyLau

the script was written a few months ago,sent to america and translated in english..everyone loves the script...sets are planned in china and vietnam .

So far so good...but right now its all about the money..the movie will be produced out of the US..everyone is up for the project but the bloody paperwork slows everything down...start of shooting is planned for early next year..if everything goes well...btw the Pops will do this together with his brother Kar Wing....

Guest FrankyLau

latest news...

LKL had a meeting with Tony Jaa and his manager in China,Tony is interested but had to see what role he would get...would be a baddie..lets see:cool:

Guest TheGrimReaper

Any movie (except Drunken Master 3) with and by LKL is always welcome, has to be patient and see what he will come up with in 2008, not to forget that in the same year there will be Ong Bak 2, Kung Fu Hustle 2 and The Forbidden Kingdom released...

5 Element Boxer

I've been waiting for the film to come out ever since I saw the trailer on youtube. And I heard something about Gordon Liu playing the role of Pai Mei (again).

Guest will91XingYu

This soudns so cool! Maybe this could be the project Tony Jaa and Donnie Ye could work on! Just imagine those two coreographed by Lau Kar Leung!

To me, I don't think Tony Jaa and Lau Kar-Leung would mesh well. There styles are very different and subsequently would clash or look forced.

Guest will91XingYu

I know what you mean, but i guess it would just be the fun of seeing these three make a film together, i was going to say that Lau Kar Leung had worked with really talented acrobats before like Hsiao Ho and Ching Chu, but then Tony Jaa is a muay thai guy with like a thousand other skills, but it'd would be cool if done right to see the results.

Guest wackiechan

Would it sound like a bad idea to have LKL reunite w/ Jet Li in "Heroes of Shaolin"? LKL was the director of Jet's classic, "Martial Arts of Shaolin", IIRC. However, some of you might have said that LKL didn't get along that well w/ Jet during the production of "MAOS". So if that's true about "MAOS", then maybe the reunion would be a bad idea, especially because of Jet getting older.

About "The Forbidden Kingdom", if that's the movie where Jackie and Jet finally appear together: Has this been known for not having that much HK movie involvement? I guess that the only HK movie connections that it has are Jackie, Jet, and also Yuen Woo Ping, if he is the fight choreographer. However, if those two former superstars of HK movies are going to finally appear together in a movie, then maybe the director or producer should've at least worked in HK before. some examples of possible HK directors include Sammo, and the directors of "Fist of Legend", "Black Mask", etc.

Guest doug maverick

yeah jet even said himself on his site that he didn't like lau sifu or the hk crew working there in general cause they were treated better. and lau kar lueng you know is a craftsmen but the way jet tells it he wasn't that professional on this film. showing up six hours late one day on set.

yeah jet even said himself on his site that he didn't like lau sifu or the hk crew working there in general cause they were treated better. and lau kar lueng you know is a craftsmen but the way jet tells it he wasn't that professional on this film. showing up six hours late one day on set.

He probably feels that he has seniority. And maybe he's super-old! He's 71!!

Guest will91XingYu

I heard that Lau Kar Wing and Hsiao Ho are helping him with coreography. Also a new kind of Mad Monkey Kung Fu is being made with Bruce Liang, with Fong Hak On and Hsiao coreographing and i think having roles in it to. I heard this a while ago, it was announced when Bruce Liang's film with Vanneses Wu and Fan Siu Wong came out.

I heard that Lau Kar Wing and Hsiao Ho are helping him with coreography. Also a new kind of Mad Monkey Kung Fu is being made with Bruce Liang, with Fong Hak On and Hsiao coreographing and i think having roles in it to. I heard this a while ago, it was announced when Bruce Liang's film with Vanneses Wu and Fan Siu Wong came out.

Sounds promising, it's just sad that some of these amazing old-school choreographers like Hsiao Ho and Lau Kar Leung aren't gettin the big budget or Jackie Chan and Jet Li flicks any longer. It's just pretty much Sammo Hung, Yuen Woo Ping, Corey Yuen and Jackie running things on high :(

Guest will91XingYu

It's a shame, but it'll be cool to see these back in front and begind the camera making new films. Does anyone know if Kung fu Fighter with Bruce Liang and Fan Siu Wong is any good? Also Bruce Liang has made a film with Shawn Yu based on a manga called Shamo.

Guest deathdunt

I will definitly be purchasing Kung Fu Fighter as soon as it comes out. I tend to purchase all of the movies the studio, My Way, puts out. They are one of the few HK studios still producing martial arts movies on the regular...although the Shaolin Vs. Evil Dead movies were such letdowns.

Archived