Dragon's Claws -- good stuff here

Guest teako170

Guest teako170

Wasn't familiar with this Joseph Kuo film but -wow- it certainly was entertaining.

While the plot was of the garden variety revenge tale, it still maintained my interest and the action was top notch. Hwang Jang Lee never looked better and Lau Kar Yung held his own. I could really picture Jackie Chan in that role.

dclaw1.jpg

A few other things stood out in this film. First, some of the funniest subs I've seen. Like when HJL introduces his henchmen as "The Green Monster and the Red Monster." And of course, Hon Kwok Choi's line "...try my copper head and iron ass."

dclaw2.jpg

The cinematography was also quite refreshing. Lots of different angles and some well composed shots though the undercranking in some spots was a bit off. The print, while wide, did have some bleaching issues.

dclaw3.jpg

Of course the thing I'll probably never forget about this film is the old drug seller's request to the group of young boys. I haven't seen anything this nauseating since watching MSNBC's "To Catch a Predator." I was waiting for Chris Hansen to step into frame, tell him to take a seat and ask... "Just what is that you think you're doing here today?"

All in all, I recommend this film....

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoyed it. As always, Hwang Jang-Lee was great as the villain and JImmy Liu (Lau Kar-Leung's youngest half brother) made for a pretty decent hero type. Yuen Qiu (under her real name of Kan Chia-Fong) was great as Liu's mother. I liked the choreography and I can see this may be where one of the Wutang Clan got his name from...Chu Tiet-Wo's character is named Redman!

Guest kungfusamurai

This film is one of the reasons why I don't like Joseph Kuo's films too much: Frame-cutting of the fight scenes. It has some okay moments, but overall, the cuts just make the action jerky and artificial looking.

KFS

Guest FrankyLau
I JImmy Liu (Lau Kar-Leung's youngest half brother) made for a pretty decent hero type. !

Jimmy Liu aka Sammy Lau aka Lau Kar yung is not LKLs half brother...he is LKLs nephew.The son of LKLs older sister...

Guest Morgoth

Looks good. Lau Hok Nin, Chan Lau, Chu Tiet Wo, and Hwang Jang Lee. 4 of my favorite actors right there. i will have to check it out. thanks for the pics teako.

Archived