Fusian Films

Guest HAZ

Hi,

Haven't seen much written about these on line, except for at Kung Fu Cinema. Has anyone seen Famous Swordsman, or King Of Kings? I liked Duel to The Death. These are some nice dvd's for the price. I'm watching Fire Bulls this week. After, I'll post some info about it.

Thanks

h

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Morgoth

Get King of Kings immediately. also check out 8 Immortals. I have 5 Fusian movies, but those are the only 2 I liked. Whirlwind Knight is horrible and Duel with the Devil and Fight for the Agreement are average at best.

Guest venom10463

Famous swordsman is another pretty good one. I have 10 fusian titles and my favorite ones are: Famous Swordsman and Young Avengeress

Guest JustinB

I've been really happy with the Fusion releases - I most recently watched Ringing Sword and thought it was good - the print was in very rough shape but the subtitles were mostly readable throughout.

The only release from Fusion that I didn't really like is The Absurd Brave - too weird for me! Apparently Lady 9 Flower is a continuation of the story in The Absurd Brave? I bought Lady 9 Flower not knowing this, but I haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

Crash was releasing other titles from this same group of prints, but their releases seem to have stopped - hopefully they'll start up again sometime...

I'm 45 minutes into Fire Bulls. I don't think this is really a martial arts movie, but a historical drama. Its still entertaining, but if there had been a few fights already, it would have been nice. Its 2 hours long. Maybe the 2nd hour is all fights...

Guest Morgoth

Just so you know 8 Immortals doesn't have much fighting but it is so much fun. And King of Kings is full of awesome action. For 1969 I don't think I have seen better. And the lead actor has an edge to him. Such a good movie.

Get them while they last. There may not be more releases at this point, as I think they plan to cease any classic titles and may not even release the modern titles they picked up.

Get them while they last. There may not be more releases at this point, as I think they plan to cease any classic titles and may not even release the modern titles they picked up.

That's really sad to hear. I just found that Fusian has a nice website with trailers posted. Really, for the price, these movies are worth picking up. Its too bad they're not getting much support from the community. Aside from reviews posted on KFC, they're not really mentioned.

Guest Morgoth

I don't get why they didn't catch on. I mean King of Kings is a damn good Joseph Kuo movie. I have talked about Fusian quite a few times and people rarely respond, and Gfanikf has talked about them, but people haven't really responded. I just don't get it. I wonder if the Crash titles have done any better than Fusian because I almost never hear people talking about the Crash titles. I don't want to see either of them go. I am guessing people just don't like the picture quality.

I hope they don't stop putting these movies out there, as I doubt we would be able to get our hands on the majority of them from anywhere else. The same goes for Crash who haven't released anything for a couple of months or so now.

I really do hope the releases keep coming our way as I'd hate to miss out on some rare gems. How superb was it to see a nice clean print of Wang Yu's The Sword in widescreen....F**KING AWESOME springs to mind!!!

Yeah, people don't seem interested in the Crash & Fusian releases. Maybe if they did like Greenfan & did some grassroots promotion, like posting on the board, that could help. Rarescope doesn't get much love either.

This is sad news if true, but we'll see. If worse comes to worse, maybe another company can acquire the titles. At the beginning,I was able to pick them up at a variety of different outlets but the past couple of batches had to be special ordered. I don't know if they weren't stocked because of no demand or if they weren't promoted by the companies!?

Guest schleg64

I have about seven titles. I enjoy seeing these old, OLD school gems, but I can understand why they might not sell as well. The fact that they are subbed and the primitive choreography. These movies are far more plot-focused than a lot of the 70s and 80s kung fu movies. The Fusian films have more depth to them, although some of them feel like a soap opera at times. The choreography isn't as fast-paced as you'd see in a Shaw or Golden Harvest film from the 70s. Except for some trampoline work, there are no lightning spinning kicks, no back flips, no combination punches, no slick camera techniques or cool editing involved. Basically, what you see on the screen is what you get. And the low budget feel with the cheap indoor set design doesn't help although I can forgive that in a later film when you have top notch fighting going on, it an really hurt the film at times. IMHO I feel that some people check out the cool DVD covers and think they're getting a slam-bang period action piece and then discover it' a slow paced historical drama with a fair amount of fighting. I, however, enjoy them as the period dramas they are. I hope Fusian sticks around.

With the staff changes that both Crash and Fusian have undergone, the momentum with their titles was probably cut short. Fusian released a sheet a while back about a modern title they had, and may just focus on those for now.

I was surprised that Fire Bulls was more of a drama than anything else. It was a good movie, but not what I was expecting. I liked Duel With The Devil. I have King Of Kings to watch tonight. As far as choreography goes for the Fusian/Rarescope/Crash releases, I kinda like it. "The Sword" was pretty good & Rarescope has put out some films with awesome fights. I hope they can keep it up.

Guest Morgoth

KIng of Kings is amazing. I enjoyed the fights in The Sword, but the fighting in King of Kings makes the Sword's fights look pretty bad. And the lead actor in King of Kings is up there with Wang Yu in acting ability. actually I may give the edge to the guy in King of Kings. he is so cool looking.

Man, this is annoying. I have been supporting them. I've got all their titles except:

LADY 9 FLOWER

DUEL WITH THE DEVIL

FIRE BULLS

RINGING SWORD

Which I have just gotten through ordering because I know just how quickly/easily these will fall off the face of the earth (still grinding my teeth about not grabbing THE SWORD AND THE LUTE while the getting was good).

Guest JustinB

If Crash and Fusion stop these releases, I really hope another company picks the remaining titles up. I know there were many titles listed when those prints were originally discovered that have not been released yet.

Archived