Police Story: Which one is your favorite?

Guest Jin256

Police Story: Which one is your favorite?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Police Story: Which one is your favorite?

• Police Story (1985)
    • Police Story 2 (1988)
    • Police Story 3 - Supercop (1992)
    • Police Story 4 aka First Strike (1996)
    • New Police Story (2004)

The Original Police Story is the best in my book. It was one of the first HK movies I saw, the nostalgia is extreme. It had a great balance of drama, comedy and action. Plus the two best stunts in any Jackie movie, the hanging out of the bus moment and the slide down the pole. Police Story 2 is rather good, but I havent seen the Chinese version

Just wondering is the soundtrack for the Original Cantonese Mono on the Dragon Dynasty dvd the same as the Intercontinental Video Police Story Trilogy release which is out of sync?

The first POLICE STORY is a classic, never get tired of watching that one.

Close to that, I thought POLICE STORY 3 was pretty good also.

Police Story 3 was awesome, mostly because michelle yeoh teamed up with jackie meaning double the fun. I also really liked New Police Story for the story and the mix of drama, comedy, and action.

Chinatown Kid

Benny Lai sure was great as the little sawed-off superkicker mute in part 2, wonder whatever happened to him? Don't remember seeing him in anything much since....

Police Story 1 still stands up today for its bone crunching stuntwork.

Number 2 in my opinion was a little less appealing storywise and he seemed to be running more than fighting.

Three was a great all round film very polished and great co-stars..

I think all 3 should be in everyones collection!!

Finally look at this, a custom 1/6th scale Jackie Chan resin head! Very bizarre!

Personally I have never been that keen on police story 1 and 2 but think police story 3 Super cop is a fantastic Jackie Chan movie. So that would get my vote.

I'd have to go with 1 first, then 2, then 3 and then First Strike.

Best fights

1. Police Story 2 Playground Fight

2. Police Story 1 Shopping Mall Fight

3. Police Story 2 Final Fights with Benny Lai and co

4. Police Story 1 Attack on Jackie and Brigitte Lin

5. Police Story 2 Opening Fight in the Restaurant

Best Stunts

1. Police Story 1 Opening Shanty Town Destruction and Bus Chase

2. Police Story 1 Shopping Mall Chaos and Final Pole Slide

3. Police Story 2 Bus Jumps, Signpost Jumps and final leap through glass

4. Police Story 2 Stunt Mayhem inc Rubbish shoots, High Falls, Staircase Climbing with Arms and Domino Effect Construction something or others all during the final action sequence

5. Police Story 3 Jackie's Helicopter Tour of Kuala Lumpur.

I don't really include NPS as part of the series as I don't think it originally was anything to do with it! Benny Chan admits to later giving that name to the film to help sell the movie and attract the fan base that the original police story films had. The marketing ploy worked on me saying that though:p They didn't originally have Jackie in mind for the role but I think he saw the project and displayed an interest in playing the character. I rate it as a stand alone film though.

I've never seen the chinese cut of first strike but have always wanted to. There isn't a good quality dvd out of it is there? I think there's one that might just have a mandarin soundtrack or something...

part 2 for the Benny Lai fights and playground fight plus i just enjoyed it most.

part 1 - best part was mall fight..

part 3- was good i liked it but it just didnt feel like a police story to me for some reason.

part 4 first strike-didnt feel like a police story to me either, to me it had the feel of rumble in the bronx for some reason..

ShaOW!linDude

Prior to PS, the only things I remember seeing Chan is was THE BIG BRAWL, THE PROTECTOR, and the 2 CANNONBALL RUN movies. I don't recall ever seeing any of his stuff on Black Belt Theater. Probably just missed it.

But when I saw POLICE STORY.........I lost my ever-loving mind! It was incredibly insane with action! From then on I was a true Jackie Chan fan!

Therefore, with me, it's gets the prominent spot.

(I am not a Maggie Cheung fan in those movies. Well, a fan of her character. She's a great actress. But I always hoped she'd get killed off, espcially after I saw Michelle Yeoh! Hominah, hominah, hominah!)

Guest Yi-Long

Part 2 for me. I feel it has a better pacing than PS1, it has the playground fight, and it has the quick Benny Lai in a memorable role. It's not perfect, but neither is PS1.

Never cared much for PS3. It just seemed out of place and mostly using the PS name as a way to sell it to the audience. Also didn't think it had memorable fights apart from the quick work-out at the training-facilities.

Police Story 4, or better known as New Police Story, was mediocre. It just had laughably bad and pathetic 'baddies', a poor acting-performance by Chan, and really nothing that stood out positively. Just another poor flick by Jackie. Sadly.

Police Story 1 is the perfect Jackie Chan movie. This along with Drunken Master II are my top 2 faves that I constantly recommend to friends and family who may not be familiar with his older flicks.

Police Story III - perhaps doesn't have the same feel but it's my fave Police Story movie by a long chalk.

Police Story 4, or better known as New Police Story, was mediocre. It just had laughably bad and pathetic 'baddies', a poor acting-performance by Chan, and really nothing that stood out positively. Just another poor flick by Jackie. Sadly.

agreed.

Police Story 2. The story is more dramatic and less straight-forward. I also enjoy the varied action scenes slightly more than the action in the first and much more than the rest.

The reason I like Police Story because it was my first taste of "1980's" Jackie Chan. It just blew my fucking mind.

Imagine coming across this in 1988:

PoliceForceCinemaGroup.jpg

• Administrator
The reason I like Police Story because it was my first taste of "1980's" Jackie Chan. It just blew my fucking mind.

Yeah man! That's how I first saw the film. It's so cool to see that VHS box art again after all these years. Thank you Movies Unlimited!

I guess I'll way in and say part 1 is my fave.

PoliceForceCinemaGroup.jpg

Same here, it was my first glimpse of 80s style Hong Kong action and I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I watched it 5 times in 2 days and then kept watching that ending over and over. I actually swore off the old school stuff for about a year or so as I only wanted to see this "newer" style action.