Police Story: Which one is your favorite?

Guest Jin256

Police Story: Which one is your favorite?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Police Story: Which one is your favorite?

• Police Story (1985)
    • Police Story 2 (1988)
    • Police Story 3 - Supercop (1992)
    • Police Story 4 aka First Strike (1996)
    • New Police Story (2004)

Guest rederror

Haven't seen 2 or 3 for a while now but i'll have to go with the first one. Although the park fight in 2 is pretty sweet, the original just has something the rest dont...oh thats it! a massive fight in a shopping mall :)

Guest will91XingYu

I forgot about New Police Story, i like it quite a lot, i liked Andy On, does anyone know if he just trained for films or wether he actually practised martial arts. He was good in Fatal Contact as well.

Guest Iron_Jinon

has been well over 10 years since I saw 1&2 and excluding shopping mall fight I remember nothing about them so it`s between 3&4.....hmm,neither have enough fight action but I would go for part4.I liked scenes in snowy mountains and one where he uses ladders(pity in ended too suddenly).

I forgot about New Police Story, i like it quite a lot, i liked Andy On, does anyone know if he just trained for films or wether he actually practised martial arts. He was good in Fatal Contact as well.

Andy self taught himself as a kid (accoridng to a 2003 interview), and went to Shaolin Temple for basic moves while working on Black Mask 2. He trained in films by Jackie Chan stuntman Nicky Li Chung-Chi on three occasions: Looking for Mr. Perfect, New Police Story, and recently Fatal Contact.

His stunt double in the Lego fight scene is Hyun Jin Park, also known as Mong Cha Cha. Hyun is the one who throws those spiraling kicking combos against Jackie Chan in the Lego store fight.

My fave is probably number 2. I loved the fight scene on the playground, it was made for Jackie Chan! I also really enjoyed the ending fight in the warehouse full of firecrackers and explosives, and that was one BIG EXPLOSION!

Apparently it was even the largest at the time in HK history, another one of my useless facts :o

Guest gorhama

Police Story 1 was the best of the series and one of Jackie's best movies period. The finale in the mall was beyond awesome and holds up to this day for insane stunt work!!!!

New Police Story.It good to see jackie on more serious role and even as there was not that much much action compared to 2 hours playtime it never got boring.and that bus stunt was incredible and so was fight in legoland:p

I watched "New Police Story" for the first time last night and thought it was fantastic. I was really surprised because I've only read reviews claiming it is mediocre. I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of it from the action to the drama. Even the mild comedy was fantastic.

Great movie.

TibetanWhiteCrane

PS 1, PS 2, NPS, PS 3.... and finally First strike, although im reluctant to include it!

And seriously.... why Buddha why, cast Yuen Wah as the badguy in PS 3 if he and Jackie doesn't even get to fight.... thats a crime!

And seriously.... why Buddha why, cast Yuen Wah as the badguy in PS 3 if he and Jackie doesn't even get to fight.... thats a crime!

Why because at the time.. Yuen Wah was QUALITY. and the reason to not fight him? because Yuen Wah was quality. Jackie didn't always look at his brothers as great stuntmen; he often saw them as the threat to his success as well. He would deny it in a heartbeat, however, I think it's true.

theportlykicker

What's the big deal, Yuen Wah was never a great on screen fighter (aside from in a couple of Shaws flicks), so it's not like Yuen Wah would have made Jackie look bad in anyway. Jackie's skills were far superior.

TibetanWhiteCrane
Why because at the time.. Yuen Wah was QUALITY. and the reason to not fight him? because Yuen Wah was quality. Jackie didn't always look at his brothers as great stuntmen; he often saw them as the threat to his success as well. He would deny it in a heartbeat, however, I think it's true.

And your basing this misguided theory on??????

...Jackie's skills were far superior.

:eek:

I do recall Yuen Wah being called the most physically gifted out of the Seven Little Fortunes, with Yuen Biao running second... a very close second. If I'm wrong, I apologize, but I did hear that on one of the various docs in my collection...

Jackie was The Daredevil out of the HK stuntmen. He would do any stunt, anytime, anyplace, and it earned him the sort of respect that no other had in the industry at the time. That, along with his hard work led producers to take the chance on him as a possible lead...

I based what i said on how Jackie cast his films... He really didn't care to be upstaged when his time had come. However, he did defer in some instances where there were 'elders', such as Wong Ing Sik, Shieh Kien, and a few others. As he moved towards "action" fare, he realised he was best at action, not Martial Arts technique.

Morgoth Bauglir
:eek:

I do recall Yuen Wah being called the most physically gifted out of the Seven Little Fortunes, with Yuen Biao running second... a very close second. If I'm wrong, I apologize, but I did hear that on one of the various docs in my collection...

It probably meant best in acrobatics...

He does have a mean ass eagle claw, that's for sure.

theportlykicker
I do recall Yuen Wah being called the most physically gifted out of the Seven Little Fortunes, with Yuen Biao running second... a very close second.

It probably meant best in acrobatics...

Exactly, Morgoth! Yuen Wah was, no doubt, a VERY physically gifted acrobat, but as a screen fighter he looked awkward.

As he moved towards "action" fare, he realised he was best at action, not Martial Arts technique.

I disagree, Jackie had awesome martial arts technique. He probably had the best jump spinning heel kick ever to grace the screen, and his handwork and boxing technique was much better than all of his fellow 'Little Fortunes' except for, maybe, Sammo.

GungFuFighter

First Strike (also known as Police Story 4) was the first of the series I ever saw so it has a special place in my heart.

I love all of them.

Police Story was just awesome all the way through.

Police Story 2 was almost as good, not as good as the first, but still amazing.

Police Story 3 was awesome because it took a different turn, and Michelle Yeoh played a great counterpart to Jackie.

The Running Man

The HK version of Police Story 2 is the overall best film in the trilogy.

Three is average and the most disappointing.