Police Story: Which one is your favorite?

Guest Jin256

Police Story: Which one is your favorite?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Police Story: Which one is your favorite?

• Police Story (1985)
    • Police Story 2 (1988)
    • Police Story 3 - Supercop (1992)
    • Police Story 4 aka First Strike (1996)
    • New Police Story (2004)

Mine would have to be the first one. It had a simple story to follow, unlike Police Story 2, and the slapstick comedy that Police Story 3 was missing. I think this is Jackie Chan at his greatest.

Guest Beat TG

I'll go with part 2. besides the action (which is superior imo) the movie has an interesting story about bombers plus the character development is well done and enjoyable altogether. part 1 comes close, followed by part 3.

A toss between Part 1 and Part 2. Very hard to decide but maybe Part 1 by a bit simply because I saw it before part 2 and that last shopping mall finale is always considered one of Jackie's best..... but then again, Part 2's finale was awesome as well...

Guest Aeksis8742

Part 2 is my favorite, it just beats out part 1 for me. The scene in the playground is unbelivable, the choreography is ridiculous. I also enjoyed the story more, it seemed more like an action thriller.

Part 2 is my favorite, it just beats out part 1 for me. The scene in the playground is unbelivable, the choreography is ridiculous. I also enjoyed the story more, it seemed more like an action thriller.

Oh crap, yeah... how can I forget the playground fight. That was insane. Hmmm, maybe Part 2 does have more action scenes and all were pretty lengthy than those in Part 1.

Loved the stunts in the first one, especially the car chase down the shantytown and the mall fight.

Only reason why I liked the second one was Jackie vs. Benny Lai, who shows what a damn kicker he was.

The third one with Michelle Yeoh nearly matching Chan stunt for stunt.

I would have to say my favorite would be the first one.

Guest theportlykicker

Hmm, I can't really decide. One thing I'm sure of, though, is that the playground fight is my favourite scene in the whole series, and probably the best fight Jackie's ever choreographed IMO.

Guest Morgoth

I like PS 1 the most, PS 2 2nd, and Supercop 3rd. all good movies, including the 4th, even though there is no Maggie Cheung.

And even though it isn't part of the PS series, I liked Crime Story more than any of the PS movies. Jackie Chan shows that he is an amazing actor in that movie.

Guest Chinatown Kid

I think the original Police Story is the best overall film, I did love the Jackie versus Benny Lai fight in Part 2 as well, Benny really kicked the crap out of Jackie in that fight scene!

PS3 for me. It feels like the most normal one. I really have to be in the mood to sit through the dumness of PS1. The action of course, deserves it's accolades.

I can't stand PS2. Give me the fantastic, super undercranked playground fight and I'm out. I always found that long take scene w/Maggie Cheung very funny.

Guest Markgway
PS3 for me. It feels like the most normal one. I really have to be in the mood to sit through the dumness of PS1. The action of course, deserves it's accolades.

I can't stand PS2. Give me the fantastic, super undercranked playground fight and I'm out. I always found that long take scene w/Maggie Cheung very funny.

Lol, if you're gonna criticize Police Story's supposed "dumness" at least spell the word correctly. :cool:

1)1, 2)2, 3)3 no doubt and if we count "first strike" and "new police story" then 4)4 ,5)5 if we lookin the movies overall and if lookin only fight scenes ,then is to hard to say between 1 and 2 for the 1st place , both masterpieces in stunt(1-mall scene) and choreography( 2-playground scene).

Guest massa_yoda

I like PS3 because, like BaronK said, it seems to have the most structure of all of them. Also, having Michelle Yeoh provides another strong personality for Jackie to play against, instead of just him being the only strong or interesting character. then PS1 and PS2.

Guest quixote64

the first one is definitely my favorite. The sequels are great but the original was groundbreaking and genre-defining, and the perfect mix of comedy and action. The other films seemed a little uneven and disjointed at times.