Trailers!

Guest venomchamber

Guest venomchamber

Just picked up 5 ELEMENT NINJA, SHAOLIN RESCUERS, and CHANG PAO CHAI THE PIRATE and thought I'd share some info...

All 3 appear to be completely uncut, 5EN even retains the bare breasts scene! :o

What's more, ALL 3 of these Chang Cheh gems include their original theatrical ("grindhouse") trailers in perfect viewing condition (not totally destroyed like the MASKED AVENGERS one was), with all of that old-school hype! :eek:

(An example is during the SR trailer that exclaims "INTRODUCING WANG LI" who replaced Wei Pai as of this film, even though he also co-starred in the international version of THE CHINATOWN KID a whole two years before.)

I'd forgotten how good SHAOLIN RESCUERS was! I'd been watching the old pan & scan edited-for-television by Larry Bensky version ("Avenging Warriors Of Shaolin") for so many years this was almost like watching a whole new movie!

oh, the caucasian actors in CHANG PAO CHAI THE PIRATE are dubbed in English with the familiar early 70s voices, too! (This was also done in Celestial's SEXY GIRLS OF DENMARK with Tsung Hua.) So this would demonstrate these two films have English dubbed tracks somewhere out there!

GREAT FILMS! GREAT PICTURE AND SOUND QUALITY! GREAT TRAILERS THAT MUST BE SEEN! A MUST FOR THE CHANG CHEH ENTHUSIAST! GET YOURS TODAY! :D

'nuff said! :cool:

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Morgoth

I wonder why they didn't just always put the original trailers on their releases. I got tired of those 1 minute trailers pretty fast. Thanks for the info Venom Chamber.

Brigadier Chow

Went to Chinatown today and picked them up, SR & 5EN look & sound fantastic as expected! OG trailers on both is also a plus! Just cosigning what venomchamber said. I am very happy they decided to release these titles, but I still wish they would release TKAM!!! NOW!!!

as for the pirate having an english dub somewhere--remember the lost dub search at the LOC turned up an english dub version. if it ever actually sees the light of day is another matter.

Archived