Painted Skin remake

Guest Beat TG

Guest Beat TG

-- Painted Skin remake --

Production of Wilson Yip's Painted Skin remake has been delayed until December. The role of female lead has unfortunately been changed from Fan Bing Bing to Zhou Xun. Chang Zhou will also have a part in the film, playing opposite Zhou Xun. Chang Zhou is a wushu champion from Shenzhen who graduated from Beijing Film Academy. Recently, he took part in Kungfu Star 2007 Contest. While Chang Zhou failed to win the contest, he impressed Donnie Yen greatly that he promised him movie collaboration. Chang Zhou has now joined the same management as Donnie Yen, Star Union International Media Group, with the chance of being groomed by Donnie Yen.

2007_10_9_Chang_Zhou_Donnie_Yen_tkp.jpg

Seems like Donnie is starting to look for new talents before coming upon his retirement.

Source: http://www.wu-jing.org/News.php

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's what people need to find.. new talent! Most of the films I'm excited nowadays are involved with martial arts movie veterans over the age of 40.. either it be a star or choreographer. Yuen Wo Ping is definitely one of the best choreographers of our time but the man is like 60. Donnie and Jet are both reaching their mid 40s and Jackie is in his 50s. But for some reason... these are usually the people we look foward to for our upcoming martial arts movies. Hopefully we can groom new martial arts stars like Xing Yu and Philip Ng and people like Wu Jing (even though he's huge in Chinese Television Series) are finally getting their dues.

Guest Beat TG

should be interesting to see how well Donnie will do as a director and action choreographer in the future. I can think of many he could groom.

Guest Beat TG

From Wu-jing.org:

Update: Unfortunately, Wilson Yip, who conceived the project, has been replaced. The production thought that Gordon Chan will be more suited to this genre. Filming might begin in mid November in Ningxia, after which it will move location to Hengdian. Apparently, Fan Bing Bing couldn't make it due to schedule conflict. Zhou Xun's role has not been confirmed.

maybe he's preparing the new Wisely movie instead.

maybe he's preparing the new Wisely movie instead.

No Wilson Yip directing this may mean preparation for Wesley and if that's true, then good, it's been a long time since we saw a good Wesley movie. The Andy Lau one a few years ago sucked.

As for Painted Skin, I never seen the original one but I would like this remake to be on it's way. I liked the Chinese Ghost Story movies which shares a similiar story also adapted from the Liao Zhai tales and it would be cool to see Donnie as a ghostbuster like Wu Ma in Chinese Ghost Story.

Guest TheGrimReaper

Any new project by Donnie is good news to me - although it won't be Wilson Yip on the director's place evrything else seems quite alright... Hope that the fights would be great looking again...

-- Painted Skin --

A press conference was held on April 29 for Donnie Yen's other film Painted Skin remake, during which contracts were signed with 10 major Chinese cinema operators regarding its distribution in China. The release date was announced as September 28. Donnie Yen says that he has never approached a role from the perspective of love, and it's a breakthrough for him in terms of acting. He says that while Painted Skin doesn't contain much action, the characters are very fresh.

U2190P28T3D2009109F326DT20080430004047.JPG

U2190P28T3D2009112F326DT20080430004053.JPG

U2190P28T3D2009113F326DT20080430004055.JPG

U2190P28T3D2009116F326DT20080430004100.JPG

U2190P28T3D2009119F326DT20080430004105.JPG

U2190P28T3D2009120F326DT20080430004108.JPG

http://www.wu-jing.org/happenings/archives/493-Donnie-Yen-Immerses-Himself-in-Yip-Man.html

Archived