Danish movie: Fighter

Guest Knockabout

Guest Knockabout

Who would have thought it?!? A Danish kung fu movie :eek:

In december a new movie called Fighter is released in cinemas. It's about a turkish high school girl living in Denmark, who takes up kung fu lessons against her familys will. Because her family wants her to persue a career in medicine she has to learn it in secret, and of course she ends up falling in love with a fellow kung fu student - VERY much against her familys wishes..

Well that's what i think it's about anyway, check out the trailer yourself:

http://www.fighter-filmen.dk/

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmmm...looks interesting...but some of the fight moves looks Matrix-ish, but considering my personal taste in MA films, I'd see it:p

Guest SharoKham

This is fantastic. In my lifetime, I hope to see every film producing country try an MA film. It would be nice if they were more ambitious than importing pre-fab Chinese kung fu action, but I suppose the alternative would be a film centered around some goofy old European style like Worstel Konst.

Looks like it could be good. I'd see it. Who's the Asian guy who plays the instructor? He looks familiar. By the way Knockabout, thanks for the heads up and the link.

Guest Le Péril Jaune
Who's the Asian guy who plays the instructor? He looks familiar.

He played the clumsy servant in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.

Wow, I never thought I'd see a martial arts film from my own country!

Guest peringaten

Just perusing the old 'tranet, trying to find what else he'd been in, placing him somewhere else; Guy there from Crouching Tiger, Gao Xian, alledgedly got busted for running a brothel out of his kung school, according to the NY Post back in '05:

NEW YORK, NY, United States (UPI) -- An actor and trainer for the movie 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon' was arrested in New York for running a prostitution ring out of his kung fu studio.

Police said the Long Island studio run by Gao Xian, 47, contained a massage parlor that was actually a front for prostitution, the New York Post reported Thursday.

Gao was charged with promoting prostitution and criminal nuisance and three female employees were arrested for alleged prostitution in the Wednesday raid.

Film looks decent.

He played the clumsy servant in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.

Wow, I never thought I'd see a martial arts film from my own country!

I thought I recognized him. Thanks.

Guest froffeecoffee

Trailer looks like a combination of Girl Fight/Bend it Like Beckham/Ong Bak/ The Matrix. I read on AICN that it's the second Scandanavia MA film. The 1st being a wuxia called Jade Warrior. Looks pretty good.

Archived