New Cellestial Cover Art and missing slipcases

Guest FarEastPirate

Guest FarEastPirate

New Cellestial Cover Art Sucks looks like they hired the graphic artist from Beverlywilshire.

and missing slipcases thats sucks too

What is going on with that company?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest peringaten

Urm... really though - do you really care? I don't mean this at all condescendingly, just curious... I mean a bit of printed cardboard covering a plastic case... and a servicable cover. Far as I'm concerned they could package them with a picture of a turd on the cover, it wouldn't bother me... just so long as they keep up the plentiful release schedule with mono tracks and classy remastering on the discs, they're my favourite company going by a long shot.

Guest FarEastPirate

im an Avid Collector of the shaws I have bought all Horror,Gun fights ,Swordfighting and Kung fu.

but when you have 3 1/4 of your collection with cases and then they just go bust on you by not supplying, your collection starts to look @#%$ on your shelf.

its nice to have it complete.

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

You are onto something F.E.Pirate. The slip cases definitely added to the whole awe of receiving these vintage and extremely rare morsels of asian cinema. The cover art does leave some as to wonder why? But as peringaten alludes thank buddha they're being released at all. This has been mentioned in previous posts as well. Trimming production costs. We're a minority. :D

Guest peringaten

Call me slow on the uptake, but without relevant context I can perhaps hazard a guess, but don't get it - who is FEP then?

Guest GwaiLoMoFo
im an Avid Collector of the shaws I have bought all Horror,Gun fights ,Swordfighting and Kung fu.

:lol Just check his web store, he's got proof.

Not sure "Avid Collector" is the proper terminology. But Im sure Celestial is very appreciative of all your support.

Dont care about the slipcases myself. Just take up extra space on my shelf.

Guest carl douglas

I myself really appreciate slipcases, not just IVL's. It really enhances the dvd's packaging. Think Celestial's just cutting cost. Anyway, has anyone notice that these IVL Celestials AMARAY cases have crinkly surfaces on the back, I never encounter this experience before. Even other cheap plastic cases have smooth surfaces on both sides.

Urm... really though - do you really care? ... Far as I'm concerned they could package them with a picture of a turd on the cover, it wouldn't bother me... with mono tracks and classy remastering on the discs, they're my favourite company going by a long shot.

Aha!!! So you're the culprit that lead the campaign to end my beloved 5.1 remixes!:D Man, I know you guys hated them, however, I wish there were multiple tracks to satisfy us all...

:D

Aha!!! So you're the culprit that lead the campaign to end my beloved 5.1 remixes!:D Man, I know you guys hated them, however, I wish there were multiple tracks to satisfy us all...

:D

I tried to press even further for a turd-based cover range, but alas was a step too far, Celestial & IVL bigwigs just weren't having it. Had to be satisfied with just the mono win.

Serious though, more options the better, cater for all, but tampering the source inanely towards detriment ain't fun.

Archived