Jan/Feb 2007 SB Releases

Guest Karlos

Guest shawbros
Barefooted Kid-late 80's w/ Ti lung.Have it but not watched it yet,looks like modern punching kicking.

Actually 90's.

Full moon scimitar-not seen,but if i am a betting man its another wuxia novel adaptation in the likes of Clans of intrigue,web of death, killer clans..etc

Sequel to Death Duel

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest killer meteor

I'm assuming it means the DVD is sourced from an HD master rather than a standard video one - which hopefully will mean the end of these shoddy standards conversions. I hope that's it - and not an evil conspiracy to get us to buy HD sets!

Guest sevenhooks
In the Batch of February Five Superfighters is not mentioned. Does this really mean they deleted it from the release schedule or is it a mistake? Has anyone info on this?

I think it's just a typo.

It's seems as though "Brothers Five" took the place of "Five Superfighters" on Feb.15.

Guest Ivy Ling Po

Brothers Five, a HD title, has always been slated for a Feb 15 release. Looks like 5 Superfighters has been removed from the Feb release schedule. Celestial says sometimes they do this when they have problems with the remastering as in the case of Lily Ho's The Brain Stealers and the horror classic Black Magic 2. But they are still coming out albeit delayed.

That's why I don't care anymore. It comes out when it comes out. No hype. No excitement. No hope. Until something is OFFICIALLY available THAT week, I don't care.

Guest Iron Boat

I dont see the point in buying a 5 Superfigthers Celestial, if you got the dub then thats all you need to see, I doubt it would be any better remastered. The villian is still the same dull villian.

The villian, is still the same dull villian

I rather enjoy a good Kuan feng ass kicking,as there are few.

But agree on the remaster.My dub copy is good enough.

Quote:The villian, is still the same dull villian

I rather enjoy a good Kuan feng ass kicking,as there are few.

But agree on the remaster.My dub copy is good enough.

;) Maybe on the remaster the villain actually does something to deserve his fate. ;)

Guest gfanikf

Same with Opium and the Kung Fu Master. Man is that going to be something to see considering the current copy of it in circulation (granted its not HoT or Kill a Mastermind quality level but its pretty close).

Guest sevenhooks

opium_kungfu_master.jpg

THIS on the other hand, just might be one of the BEST ever??

The cover images are getting noticeably simpler (in this batch in particular).

But simplicity works in this case.

Ti Lung in a lean, classic pose - looking VERY young for 1984.

Guest Live Wire

I don´t like the new covers. Too cheap and simple for me. Brothers Five is the worst, but the others aren´t much better. Anyway what is important are the movies. And that´s 7 for me in february.

The covers are typical of what we've seen in general for these releases. Could be better but at least they aren't as bad as say the Ground Zero covers.

I've been basically waiting since day one of these releases for Disciples of Shaolin. I've put up with the screwed up audio and other silly issues for that one release. That was the second Shaw Brothers film that I saw back in day on TV under the name Invincible One. The first was The Flying Guillotine. Disciples of Shaolin is probably my favorite Fu Sheng film. Gets me everytime I watch it.

Guest drunkenmantis13

Holy crap Masked Avengers is slated for May 24th. Finally, yeah! And a mere week before my birthday, so awesome! :D Man that has got to be my most wanted Celestial release...

Guest Wahlumkid

" Full Moon Scimitar "

I read the book also saw the movie and the tv-series of - Full Moon Scimitar.

It's been a long time, but I still remember the weapon - The Scimitar. This is one of the famous novel by Gu Long. The Crescent shape Blade is very unique and it could open up into two blades shape like a " S " It can be throw out and it swings back.

The plot is about a young man holds a page of a secret sword technique and destined to become the best by challenging all the good swordsman. One of the swordsman afraid of defeat and sets up a trap by using a beautiful woman and stole the secret sword technique page and defeated the young man.

The ran away and defeated Young man some how wondering into a secret place of the cult. He married the cult masters daughter and was given the Full Moon Scimitar and its techniques. He then went back out and avenged his enemy.

I hope I remembered correctly.

Archived