The Fighting Fool

Guest monk sante

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sammofan

Only if your a die hard shapes fan. Lots of fights with cool bits here and there, but nothing mindblowing. Painful comedy.

Guest ironfistedmonk2003

Very lackluster, like Sammofan said the action had a few nice moments but even that couldn't save it

never liked this film at all. Mainly because of the comedy. And I don't dislike comedy, it's just this didn't work for me.

Guest sammofan

Shapes = Fight choreography with stylish stances and hand movements performed at a good rhythm and speed. Top examples include Five Superfighters, Clan of the White Lotus, Magnificent Butcher.

Guest sammofan

I recall an interview (HKL Knockabout?) where Leung Kar Yan acknowledges the fans know him as Beardy! :lol

Guest venomchamber

oh, I recall it well!

Wasn't that the goofy nickname Eastern Heroes or Made In Hong Kong gave Liu Chia-Liang back in the 90s when they released MY YOUNG AUNTIE on home video?

By the way, ALL of 8 those tapes had the original ShawScope trailers, in ENGLISH to boot!

Can't figure out why they're not on the DVDs as I doubt they gave them (MIHK) their original negatives!

(*BTW: Those titles were

FIVE VENOMS

INVINCIBLE SHAOLIN

SHAOLIN MARTIAL-ARTS

BLOOD BROTHERS

DIRTY HO

MAD MONKEY KUNG-FU

MY YOUNG AUNTIE and

TREASURE HUNTERS)

Guest teako170

What is a BKarza?

(sorry BKarza - couldn't help myself) :b

How about "basher?"

Did G come up with that?

I like that term. :smokin

Guest Chinatown Kid

Let's see, these are some I've heard: Bashers, Punch and Block, Shapes, and New Wave. Wasn't Beardy also known as the Brigadeer in some parts of the world? I know I've heard that somewhere.....

Guest sevenhooks
Wasn't Beardy also known as the Brigadeer in some parts of the world?

That sounds like some West Indies sh#t right there!

The Brigadeer-You're on point Sevenhooks.This is in reference to the film 10 Brothers of Shaolin. In that film, Leung Kar Yan shows up in a cameo as the Brigadeer and lays waste to a room of people. In the process, he damn near steals the film.

Punch and Block- This is actually the old US term for bashers. I personally like "Bashers" myself, but I'd like to remind fans the US was ahead of the curve when it comes to kung fu film journalism. We just didn't keep going.

Guest sevenhooks
Punch and Block- This is actually the old US term for bashers.

How about "fist and pillow" flicks? Referring to early 70's, sweaty kung fu films with alot of sex and nudity thrown in for good measure?

How about "fist and pillow" flicks? Referring to early 70's, sweaty kung fu films with alot of sex and nudity thrown in for good measure?

:lol I like the term, kind of describes movies like the Delinquent quite well, how about fists and tits? I was suprised to see nudity in these films as we found them on video, everything on tv was clean or cut back in the day.

Guest thundered mantis

and "girls w´guns". That term is really successful, like "heroic bloodshed" and "bullet ballet" :D

Way back when, me and someone I worked with used to call the Venoms the Kung Fu Carry On Gang.

The Brits here and some others may understand the reference.

BTW, that same person (a female) also called Leung Kar Yan Beardy and there's no way that she had exposure to anything related to KF other than the Saturday films in NYC and Philly.

And she called Fu Sheng "The Scamp".

Guess-who "Cutie-Pie" was.

Just saw this and at times its annoying and at times it was kinda funny. The gay guy from India with snake fist kung fu that can only fight when his buddy is playing music was one of the funnier scenes. The fights are actually sometimes pretty good. This movie is definately different and somewhat entertaining in spurts. Should of been called The Fighting Fools because there is more than one fool, pretty much everybody is. 6/10

Archived