Ambitious Kung Fu Girl

Guest HAZ74

Guest HAZ74

Hello Friends.

Well, I've just finished Ambitious Kung Fu Girl...Right now, I'm too stunned/amazed/shocked/amused to give a good and proper review, but I justed wanted to say how great this movie is. Absoulte genius in every way. Get this movie now & have a really good friday.

peace

h

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had mentioned I kept putting this one off, and someone else was saying how good it was, I'll have to move this one up in the pile.

Guest peringaten

In the scheme of Lu Chin Ku's works, this one's a bit lacklustre when you see what he's capable of in all respects, choreo set-pieces for one. On its own merits, a nice film that had me laughing out loud - A LOT; well-made and a lot of fun, and happily delivers on subsequent viewings - I just had to get over the fact it didn't quite deliver the FULLEST Lu Chin Ku experience and appreciated it more for what it is - which is a great fun film.

Guest BKarza

I believe that this was LCK's second movie with Shaw after The Master. It was very much a style change from that so he was just developing his wu xia film style. I think he was the only one to go back and forth between the wu xia and more fu(The Master, Lover's Blades) styles. He was the man. This was ok.

Guest peringaten

Yeah, I hadn't really considered that... Would perhaps explain why the film isn't hitting like the similarly styled that came after, but proves that he really hit the ground running with those stylings, if not hitting full-pelt I'm reckoning...

For some reason the vague, silly description 'kung fu chick flick' always seems to spring to mind when I think of this film...

"It's like the fisherman profiting from the grapple of a snipe & clam."

Anyone know what Ku Lung (Gu Long) novel this was based on?

Thx.

It is adapted from Da Ren Wu(Big Time Celebrity) and as of now, I don't think the fan translation of it is complete.

Archived