PLEASE HELP identify this film...

Guest BleuVenom

Guest BleuVenom

I was asked to identify this movie by some people I just met through a mutual friend and I couldn't. I thought it sounded like Executioners From Shaolin Or Fist Of The White Lotus, but they said they weren't. Here's the description :

A young fellow and the crew he assembled goes to a temple to try and defeat an evil villian who has long white hair and is able to move his weak spots/ pressure points to avoid injury or death. The temple has traps set everywhere. There are statues upon entering which turns out to be real men and they attack unsuspecting people who comes after their leader. The henchmen of the white haired villian has an assortment of weapons three of them believed to be an iron circle, a guillotine like weapon for another, and some sort of arrow or short spear that may be able to shoot darts. The heroes are attacked and defeated by the villian and his henchmen. The heroic young fellow barely escapes them. He later meets another guy who has a young child (a boy?) and they team up to defeat the mutual enemy.

They are pretty sure it's a Shaw Bros. film but they are trying to recall a movie that they've seen over 15 years ago. They didn't tell me if the white haired villian was an old man (ala Lo Lieh) or a younger one (ala Chang Yi). Also, I personally am hoping that they haven't spliced several movies and their minds are recalling it as one.

Anyway, any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

BleuVenom

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brigadier Chow

This is a Venoms film which has not yet been released by Celestial. Saw it years ago under the title "Avenging Warriors of Shaolin". Think it was released by Venom Mob, VHS full screen quality of course. I think it would be worth it to wait for Celestial to release this hopefully later on this year.

Guest Lei Kung

Avenging Warriors aka Shaolin Rescuers? It's been a while since I've seen this, but I don't recall it being like the description above. That sounds like it combines elements of several movies. If it is in fact one film, I haven't seen it.

Brigadier Chow

Upon reading the description more carefully, it does sound like they copounded a few movies into one, but there is some elements of Shaolin Rescuers mixed in.

Guest sevenhooks

Man. You're talking about elements of Shaolin Rescuers, Executioners of Shaolin, Fists of the White Lotus, 18 Bronzemen (non Shaw), any number of Jimmy Wang Yu tournament flicks (non Shaw), any number of Flying Guillotine moves (Shaw and non Shaw).

Yeah, this sounds like a cluster f#ck of several kung fu movies spliced together.

Sorry.

Guest Iron Boat

It is definitely several movies spliced into one...only Pai Mei moves his pressure points and that can only be Executioners, White Lotus, or that David Chiang movie.

The flying Guillotine is usually found in Flying Guillotine movies.

but it certainly is not Shaolin Rescuers.

Guest BleuVenom

Hey thanks to those who responded so far...

It does indeed sound like a bunch of movies rolled up in one! :lol

I let them see some clips on my portable of Fist Of The White Lotus and of Shaolin Traitorous(a white haired and a little boy in it) before I even posted this. They said those weren't it. I mentioned the 18 Bronzemen and Born Invincible (not Shaw)and those were shot down too. I haven't thought of Avenging Warriors Of Shaolin. Although I recall the white haired master and one of Lu Feng's henchmen with an iron circle, it still didn't sound much like what's described. It's been awhile since I've seen AWOS, so I'll pull that back out again. As a matter of fact, I'll even recheck Return of the 5 Deadly Venoms and show these. The elements in common from Return of... are Lu's iron hands that shot darts and Chiang and Kuo's iron circles. Chen Kuan Tai had salt and pepper hair though. That David Chiang movie Slice Of Death looked like it was an accompanying piece to Executioners and White Lotus.

Still searching though but any further guesses are welcomed.

BleuVenom

Archived