Ti Lung/David Chiang hate?

Guest SunChien2004

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morgoth Bauglir

Nice pic! I don't see Blacky Ko, but who is that guy to the right of Gordon Liu? He looks lost.

SamuraiDana

Jimmy Wang Yu's not obliterated, he's standing in front of the others, right behind the guy with white hair at the mike that they're all applauding.

Who are the women in the photo? That looks like Kara Hui Ying Hung in the center, with Cheng Pei Pei just to the right of her (Kara's left), but who's right of Pei Pei (Pei Pei's left)? And who's the one next to Gordon?

Nice pic! I don't see Blacky Ko, but who is that guy to the right of Gordon Liu? He looks lost.

Looks like Tony Liu Yung. The girl next to Cheng Pei-pei looks like Ching Li.

David Chiang, Ti Lung, Wang Yu, Chang Pei-Pei, Blacky Ko, Beardy, Yueh Wah, Gordon Liu and many others attend The 2007 Hong Kong Film Award Together ...

Hey Chris -

Thanks for the photo and for re-opening up this thread.

I had forgotten about this thread and was re-reading all the old posts --

(Linn/ Mah/ Seven/ limubai/ et al...)

Ahhhhh, the good ol' days of KFF.... :)

Hope everything is well on your end.... T

As for the TL/DC debate, that happened a very very long time ago -

and I for one prefer to remember them like this instead...

Forever buddies. Forever "Blood Brothers."

(from SS / Jan 1976)

buddies.jpg

..props to Carol.

The women from left to right are : Kara Hui, Cheng Pei-pei, Helen Ma and to the extreme right next to Gordon Liu is Lily Li. Chiao Chiao's in front with the red blouse.

"Forever buddies. Forever "Blood Brothers."
Thanks for the great picture teako170 !

The women from left to right are : Kara Hui, Cheng Pei-pei, Helen Ma and to the extreme right next to Gordon Liu is Lily Li. Chiao Chiao's in front with the red blouse.
Thanks for the id Winfred !

I doubt Blacky Ko attended the 2007 HKFA, since he died in 2003!

Sorry about that ...

Christine

Exactly teako! Thats how I still picture them in my mind. And no amount of so called dirt/hatred will ever change my mind. :)

Anyone ever notice David Chiang and Bruce Lee were around the same height, and possibly weight? I saw the photo of them together in another thread here walking at Shaw's backlot and it was really interesting.:rolleyes:

Killer Meteor
Jimmy Wang Yu's not obliterated, he's standing in front of the others, right behind the guy with white hair at the mike that they're all applauding.

Who are the women in the photo? That looks like Kara Hui Ying Hung in the center, with Cheng Pei Pei just to the right of her (Kara's left), but who's right of Pei Pei (Pei Pei's left)? And who's the one next to Gordon?

By Jove you're right. I was looking for him in his trademark Rod Steiger lookalike specs!

Guest haiyah2010

manshingyi (i think that was the name?) needs to get his facts straight... definitely seems like a DC hater.

David is at least 175cm, not 159. And he and Ti Lung have been at many events together since their falling out. Egos are an inevitable factor among young stars. Especially among strong male stars who are both fighting to stay on top. Unfortunately this means that friends sometimes go their separate ways, but they are grown ups.

Plus, both DC and Ti Lung have had their fair share of great flicks (post-Shaw) and awards. They've both won, they've both progressed, they've both succeeded. I don't see why you would think that one was more successful than the other.

SBfan and CK, great posts!!

Old topic, and I'm about as homophobic as Lady Gaga (i.e. not at all), but reading some of the stuff on page 4 - the way Kwan pestered Chang Cheh with questions of him being gay - it was a bit much. Who the hell does that to a frail old man, let alone a legend?

Here's the boys doing a photo together (sorta - Lol). From this year's HK Stuntmen Association gathering.

IMG_6417.JPG

Drunken Monk

Great thread to dig up, Teako, Not only did I not know about Ti Lung and David Chiang's "beef," I didn't know about the persistent gay rumors regarding Chang Cheh. I mean, I've heard of people saying the Venoms films are a bit homoerotic but I didn't know Chang was basically disgraced and his career ruined because of gay accusations.

1 minute ago, Drunken Monk said:

saying the Venoms films are a bit homoerotic

It has been said the same regarding David Chiang's movies, I read that about Water Margin...

I read the whole thread and I can't believe that they have so bad relations. It must be rumors, too. I had read in a French book on kung fu movies(now that I'm a little bit more aware of this genre, I can say that this book is full or mistakes !) that they had been forced to cut out their relationship because their two wives didn't get along.

Reading one the posts, I had the confirmation of what I suspected and I had discussed about with Lady Jin in David chiang's thread : it seems that he had had a love relation with Lily Li (in my opinion, they were fit to be together much more than David and Li Lin Lin, but the heart commands...), and that Ti Lung had had a love relation with both Li Ching (I read that she never married anyone because she loved Ti Lung too much) and Ching Li...

It is also said that David's career sank and that he had to turn to TV in order to work. Well, considering the number of TV series he played in and also the number of movies he did outside of the Shaws', I wouldn't call this a sinking career, but well, it's surely a matter of opinion...

22 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

Great thread to dig up, Teako, Not only did I not know about Ti Lung and David Chiang's "beef," I didn't know about the persistent gay rumors regarding Chang Cheh. I mean, I've heard of people saying the Venoms films are a bit homoerotic but I didn't know Chang was basically disgraced and his career ruined because of gay accusations.

An oldie but goodie. Lol. I have a lengthy article on this topic which I had translated while working on my book. Have to dig it up and post. 

AlexanderFu

I'm sure no one really knows the deal with the 2 of 'em, but I bet they are cool to say hello to each other, and as time goes on, they'll be friendlier in older age.

They worked on so many films together for so many years, it's reasonable that they would be sick of each other for a time after

But after a year or so passes, they probably get along fine.

David Chiang did some sick stuff after Shaw, like Strife for mastery and some movies with Tien Peng.

Sun Moon Legend, Bloody Treasury Fight, Return of the Deadly Blade...Fantastic. 

Archived