my Shaw lobby card collection (question)

Guest sevenhooks

There must be a connection between being into comics and becoming a sound master. A friend worked for many years at a comic shop and told me an adolescent Q-Bert was a regular. Even after he started to become known,he was still collecting.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sevenhooks

I must concede defeat to HANZOSTEEL.

I just finished the arduous task of counting these cards one by one, and as it turns out, I don't have 700 after all, only 658! :\

(to be fair, I do seem to be missing a folder or batch somewhere containing a few Liu Chia Liang cards that I KNOW I have)

So here's what I got...

Sorry for the lack of any cohesive order - I just wrote em down as I found em in the books.

Next to each film title is a number in parenthesis denoting the number of cards to each set.

I also have to take back what I said about the average number of cards within a set. For me that would be 10 and not 12 as originally thought.

Though there are the random sets that have 12 cards so now I'm worried that the majority of sets I have may be incomplete by 2 cards!

Does ANYONE know what the deal was with Shaws and how many cards they normally issued for a set??

Also, I'm obviously not going to take the time out to take every single card out of their books and pose them all for a group photo.

But if you guys still doubt me, I am willing to take pics of a few different TOTAL sets.

I'll let you guys pick out which sets you want to see.

That's right, I'm taking requests...

LIFE GAMBLE (10)

ODE TO GALLANTRY (10)

THE DAREDEVILS (10)

BRAVE ARCHER (missing)

BRAVE ARCHER 2 (10)

BRAVE ARCHER 3 (10)

BRAVE ARCHER AND HIS MATE (10)

SHAOLIN RESCUERS (10)

MAGNIFICENT RUFFIANS (10)

TEN TIGERS OF KWANGTUNG (10)

TWO CHAMPIONS OF SHAOLIN (10)

THE FLAG OF IRON (10)

THE EIGHT DIAGRAM POLE FIGHTER (10)

CHALLENGE OF THE MASTERS (10)

DIRTY HO (8)

CAT VS. RAT (10)

RETURN TO THE 36TH CHAMBER (8)

SHAOLIN PRINCE (10)

OPIUM AND THE KUNG FU MASTER (10)

FIVE SUPERFIGHTERS (10)

THE FIGHTING FOOL (10)

THE BOXER FROM THE TEMPLE (10)

THE KUNG FU INSTRUCTOR (12)

RENDEZVOUS WITH DEATH (10)

THE DEADLY BREAKING SWORD (8)

TO KILL A MASTERMIND (8)

BASTARD SWORDSMAN (8)

LITTLE DRAGON MAIDEN (10)

LION VS. LION (10)

COWARD BASTARD (6)

DEMON OF THE LUTE (10)

CLAN FEUDS (10)

SWORDSMAN AND ENCHANTRESS (10)

THE PROUD TWINS (10)

TALES OF A EUNUCH (10)

MY REBELLIOUS SON / RAGING TIGER (10)

THE AVENGING EAGLE (10)

CLAN OF THE WHITE LOTUS (10)

EXECUTIONERS FROM SHAOLIN (4)

THE LADY IS THE BOSS (10)

LEGENDARY WEAPONS OF CHINA (11)

MAD MONKEY KUNG FU (10)

KID FROM KWANGTUNG (10)

SHAOLIN MANTIS (10)

MONKEY KUNG FU (10)

BLACK LIZARD (10)

NEW TALES OF THE FLYING FOX (10)

LONG ROAD TO GALLANTRY (12)

TIGER KILLER (12)

ROVING SWORDSMAN (10)

LEGEND OF THE FOX (10)

INVINCIBLE SHAOLIN (9)

CRIPPLED AVENGERS (9)

THE REBEL INTRUDERS (10)

THE SWORD STAINED WITH ROYAL BLOOD (10)

THE WEIRD MAN (10)

THE FIVE VENOMS (10)

HOUSE OF TRAPS (10)

THE MASTER (10)

LOVERS BLADES (10)

THE LADY ASSASSIN / THE ASSASSIN'S REVENGE (5)

RETURN OF THE SENTIMENTAL SWORDSMAN (9)

GANG MASTER (8)

A DEADLY SECRET (7)

SHAOLIN AVENGERS (10)

DUEL OF THE CENTURY (8)

WHAT PRICE HONESTY (10)

THE SUPREME SWORDSMAN (6)

KILLER CONSTABLE (10)

BAT WITHOUT WINGS (10)

WINNER TAKES ALL (10)

EDIT: Seems like they replaced the number "eight" with 8)

EDIT #2: Two sets that I'm looking for to help make my personal collection complete: sets for KID WITH THE GOLDEN ARM and FIVE ELEMENT NINJA.

Holler at me if you're out there and let's do business!

Guest HANZOSTEEL
I must concede defeat to HANZOSTEEL.

I just finished the arduous task of counting these cards one by one, and as it turns out, I don't have 700 after all, only 658!

No need i just thought it looked like a lot less from the photo. I wish i could have even one lobby card set.

there is really only a few titles i would ever buy. The Bastard, Executioners from Shaolon. Fist of the white

Lotus, hmm My young auntie, Shadowgirl, Five Deadly Venoms. Nice: you should make your own site,

would be nice to finally have some decent scans of lobby cards on the net. I dont think ive ever seen any properly scanned.

I have that photo i had requested of you now (Lily Li) thanks sevenhooks.

Guest teako170
Nice: you should make your own site, would be nice to finally have some decent scans of lobby cards on the net.
That's actually not a bad idea, 7. You ever give any thought to that? www.paulnice.com is available (so is sevenhooks.com). You could have sections on your music, Shaw collection, etc.

Guest sevenhooks
I have that photo i had requested of you now (Lily Li) thanks sevenhooks.

Cool. Where'd you end up getting it?

Guest sevenhooks
That's actually not a bad idea, 7. You ever give any thought to that? www.paulnice.com is available (so is sevenhooks.com). You could have sections on your music, Shaw collection, etc.

Maybe I'll do that, but first...

1. I really need more time on my hands to devote to something like that.

2. Someone really needs to sit down with me and show me how to properly work my damn scanner once I get it set back up.

Guest FarEastPirate

Just got it in today the Lobby Folder very cool thanks so much for the idea but it does not fit exact. I orderd the bigger one is that correct one?

Guest sevenhooks

Yeah, sorry 'bout that.

You should've gotten the 11" x 14" folder.

I should have verified that. Sorry!!

Guest Feng Gang

OMG it's you! I'm never gonna forget I saw those Avenging Eagle lobby cards on Ebay and this guy kept destroying my bids. I'm kinda glad I lost though... I think the bid was up to $150 and I'm not a serious collector of anything. I even sent him a email like "Damn!"

Guest venomchamber

hmmmm...

re: those AVENGING EAGLE lobby cards...if it was like 6 months ago, that was me.

There was an eBay seller named Shawman over in England who had loads of nice, mint, complete sets starting at about $35.00 each. I was lucky enough to obtain quite a few nice ones from him, including CRIPPLED AVENGERS, HOUSE OF TRAPS, KID WITH THE GOLDEN ARM, and HEROES OF THE EAST. If I outbid you, I'm sorry about that my friend. No hard feelings?

There's another seller out of Canada (goes by the name noizeiam) who has an eBay store called Krap King that has Shaw posters and lobby card sets for sale right now!

I just bought DELIGHTFUL FOREST and EXECUTIONERS OF SHAOLIN sets from him last week.

I believe he still has sets for ALL MEN ARE BROTHERS, FOUR RIDERS, and a Spanish set for THE PIRATE.

Get 'em now if you want 'em!

4everFuSheng

i bought a few lobby card set from noizeiam -- Heroes Two and Legend of the Bat -- and a few posters as well. his communication skills aren't the greatest, but he delivers the goods.

Archived