Double dipping on Shaws?

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Its great to see Shaws finally getting the treatment on R1 DVD. But are you guys buying any of these R1 releases? I have only bought 2 myself, Black Magic and Boxer's Omen. All the others I have already purchased the IVL discs. Besides the added dub tracks on some, I find no reason to buy them. I'm not a dubb guy so I really have no use for it. I would like to support the releases, but dont need them when they are not upgrades.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

I've bought:

Have Sword Will Travel (I thought this was of better picture and sub quality)

Boxer's Omen (upgraded to DVD)

The Water Margin (thought the US version with the sex scene was going to be part of the entire film, but it added as an extra)

Legendary Weapons of China (never bought the Celestial version)

The Shadow Whip (supposed to be a special edition, though haven't watched it yet)

Vengeance Is A Golden Blade (haven't watched this one yet either)

I don't mind supporting Image, yet I'm sorely disappointed their holding off on the releases of Magic Blade, and Intimate Confessions Of A Chinese Courtesan.

Guest hkpyanfar

I'm double dipping simply because I've puchased the vcd copies of films. When I can get an R1 dvd, I snap them up!

Guest Robert Ian Teller

Image is holding off on Shaws cause they were acquired by another company. It'll come out it's just with the transition to new owners things will slow down a bit.

Guest Shaolin Patriot

I only intend to buy select region 1 titles with an English dub and/or bonus pieces not found on region 3. Then I would make them my own 2 disc set. Otherwise, the predominant version would be IVL region 3.

I'm not a fan of dubs, and don't really watch extras that much, so I would probably only pick up R1s if I didn't already have the R3 version (as was the case for me with Legendary Weapons).

The only two I would possibly double dip on would be The Deadly Duo and The Chinese Boxer, as I love those movies and those two are WORST Casio keyboard-crapfest sound tamperiings that I've heard from Celestial.

Guest morgoth

Special Edition for Shadow Whip? I didn't hear anythign about that. Let me know if there is anythign special on there.

Archived