July and August release list - An exciting couple of months!

Guest kermit

Guest kermit

We've just put up on our site the July and August release schedule from Celestial. There are some seriously good films coming out, especially in august, and I think there are several must-buys.

www.dragonsdenuk.com

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kermit

What kind of surprise is that?

EDIT - I just thought that that sentence might seem a bit harsh or something. What i meant by it was, is that "I cant believe they are releasing it", "i didnt know it was a Shaw Bros. movie" or something else?

Guest BKarza

Why does your site have the hkflix links to all of those blatant bootlegs of movies that are officially available? The only US versions of those movies, most of which are not yet released, are Image and Dragon Dynasty.

These aren't the old days when boots were the only game in town. These boots are doing real damage to the market. Seriously consider your relationship with outright bootleggers hkflix.

Guest carl douglas

According to the booklet in IVL's Celestial's Shaw's, MASKED AVENGERS is out in MAY. Looking forward to it. Never seen it. Is it predominant kung fu or swordplay?

Guest Shaolin Patriot

Thanks for a Venomous summer. :D

August 9th

Kid With The Golden Arm, The (1979)

August 23rd

House Of Traps (1981)

Magnificent Ruffians, The (1979)

Life Gamble (1978)

Guest angryguest

If they include these:

Five Elements Ninja (1982)

Shaolin Rescuers (1979)

It would be a TRUE Venomous summer!

Guest HAZ74

August 9th

Kid With The Golden Arm, The (1979)

August 23rd

House Of Traps (1981)

Magnificent Ruffians, The (1979)

Life Gamble

I'm excited for these. Curious to see if HOT & LG live up to the hype...

Guest Senor Quack

Heck, I'm most excited for a (potentially) uncut and mint quality Magnificent Ruffians. Definitely one of my favorite Venoms flicks. The staff work in this film is amazing (in my humble opinion).

Guest teako170
Definitely one of my favorite Venoms flicks.
I second that. HOT & LG will be nice to see cleaned up but MR is the flick to see.

Considering some of the faux pas of the past, its going to be interesting to see what Celestial will do with the "missing" opening sequence of LG.

Perhaps they'll just keep repeating the traditional SB logo with trumpets for two minutes.

Maybe they'll insert color bars for the duration.

Perhaps one of those video countdowns but instead of 10, they'll start out at 500.

Oh, it'll be interesting to say the least.... :rollin

Guest leung jarn

DDUK is a good site. I know they have a link to hkflix but hkf DO sell "genuine" dvds too.

The guys on DDUK are great bunch an definitely DO NOT advocate the buying of "bootlegs".

I use hkflix quite a bit for puchasing genuine release and not that panmedia crap!

Carl- Masked Avengers is predominately a "trident play movie"

A lot of the action is based around tridents,and it is one of the venoms's best IMO.

Speaking of uncut..I am sure we are pulling for that ever elusive opening/first 5 to 10 mins of Life Gamble.

Guest sevenhooks

It's a kung fu movie with wuxia pretensions (at least in terms of a complicated plot, where action is secondary).

Guest sevenhooks

I always liked it.

An interesting story with a LOT of interesting characters.

Also, I think it must be a record for Chang Cheh.

I can't remember another film where he used more actresses.

Guest 5th Yang

All I need is a confirmation on a "To Kill a Mastermind" release this year, next year or at all? Anyone with a inside source to the releases would be appreciated.

5th Yang

Archived