Are there gonna be more liner notes for Image's SB DVDs?

Guest The Running Man

Guest The Running Man

It was just the first releases that had them, which were great, and then no more.

So is that it for them?

And as a side question, where can we see any future more work from ya Linn? :D

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the liner notes are history. It's funny you asked this, as I was just talking a couple nights ago with a friend about this exact thing and how I was going to bring it up. The liner notes are dead for many reasons, but certainly nothing to do with myself, the writers, nor lack of trying. As I said before, I was originally set to write notes for the whole series. While I could have done that, I really wanted to make these special and give fans and writers a chance to write on Shaw films they enjoyed. Also, I wanted to give Shaw Brothers fans in the US a chance to play some small part in the first legit releases of many of these films, so I contacted some friends and writers I'd worked with in the past. To say I, and other fans, were disappointed with elements of these releases is a VAST understatement. But the liner notes, and the efforts of the folks writing them, were far from disappointing. While the idea worked out well and I was VERY happy with everyone's work, factors came up that made it impossible to continue. It's a shame, as some of the writers you didn't see had some good stories to tell. If I have any say in it, they'll have another chance to tell them.

I want to thank everyone here and elsewhere for their efforts in sending me scans of pictures, posters, etc. for these releases. Some of the best stuff didn't see the light of day, and I HOPE it will at some point. I did finish notes for Intimate Confessions of a Chinese Courtesan and a couple of others, and sent them in, but I don't know if they were see print on the DVDs. As for the releases, they've been delayed due to the coming sale of the company. I don't know when they will be coming out. It may be just a week or so from their original date, or a year from now. That said, I have little doubt they will come out.

As for myself, I've nearly always got irons in the fire. I'm doing a few interviews over the next couple of months, a couple may surprise you if they work out. As for writing, four companies have contacted me for various projects. One will be HUGE if everything is worked out. Something I think every section of this forum will be surprised by. The other three are just in the talking stages, two with new labels, and another involving a certain company with SB in the logo. :)

All that said, the only thing I regret is sending in some things for inclusion on the DVDs that I have yet to get back. And I don't actually expect to get them back. But the end of the day, I'm glad to have had a hand in the whole thing and thanks again to everyone who contributed. And thanks as well to this forum. There's times where we've had differences among ourselves, but we are all fans of one of the greatest movie genres in the world. In the end, I suppose my goal is to keep it active as a viable genre. and this forum has had a big hand in that worldwide for both new and old fans alike. This is something we all should be proud of.

Archived