Pursuit Of Vengeance

Guest angryguest

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest daTOAD

IMO[hope this means what i think it does]hands down Chu Yuans best martial arts film. this is his TKAM...actually this is his Avenging Eagle[TKAM has no equal:evil ].why the comparison to Sun Chung? because in my heart of hearts i think Sun secretly directed this movie and the Shaws threw ol Chun's name on it. a liitle far fetched i know, but this movie was shot totally different then any of Chu Yuans films. all the storylines and plot twist, while included] arent as complex as his usual stuff[very simple stiry].also his action scenes. no more wide angle shots or shots from rooftops, the action is shot close up and in closed quarters. to this point ive mostly bout vcds because i dont want to rebuy the dvds when they get released with the dubs. this film ill buy the dvd [although iknow in my heart of hearts a but still dub was made for this film]. the story is about a group of swordsman who gather to kill a common enemy.20 years later they fear his descendant will take revenge so they come up with a plan to lure him out. thats it thtas the story. simple ,but perfect. the characters. this is like a marvel teamup of spiderman and wolverine. you get swordsman fu[magic blade] with Ye Kai[dagger li's -sentimental swordsman]disciple] not to mention all the guest stars. and derek yee witha beard[youll understand once watchted].perfect timing on release, as most are noe familiar with gu long universe. 5/5

Guest angryguest

Thanks DaTOAD for this review. If it is as great as "Avenging Eagle", can't wait to get this!

Cool! Ti Lung double features then.

Yeah, I backtracked this thread because I was seeking which Shaw to pick up next... Thanks for the info, and it'll be a part of my next order.

Archived