QT to remake Come drink with me!?

Guest The Amazing Psychoper

Guest VonHumboldtFleischer
I thought Tiger Boy was lensed in 64, released in 66?

Oh yeah, but I thought the reason it was finally released was because of the success of TEMPLE OF THE RED LOTUS. That may well be an assumption on my part, however.

Guest limubai2000
Oh yeah, but I thought the reason it was finally released was because of the success of TEMPLE OF THE RED LOTUS. That may well be an assumption on my part, however.

I seem to recall in this very forum it being said that it was made to test Wang Yu and Chang Cheh and saw limited release first in Taiwan I think.

Quote:Oh yeah, but I thought the reason it was finally released was because of the success of TEMPLE OF THE RED LOTUS. That may well be an assumption on my part, however.

I seem to recall in this very forum it being said that it was made to test Wang Yu and Chang Cheh and saw limited release first in Taiwan I think.

that's all correct.

Secret Executioner

That could be interesting, assuming he does it - there have been talks of QT making a Western for ages and when Django Unchained came out... Well, it was NOT it, so QT is still working on a Western (supposedly coming out next year I think). :ooh:

I won't voice in for Avenging Eagle or Come Drink With Me, having seen neither of these. I just hope QT's MA/Wu Xia film won't turn out a piece of crap like RZA's film did (we all know what I'm referring to here).

Someone mentionned CDWM was already remade and it was called CTHD - I really hope the original CDWM isn't like that, CTHD is so boring and overrated... Just like pretty much all of Ang Lee's movies. :neutral: I trust it's not though, we're talking of a quintessential Shaw Bros movies.

I don't consider myself a QT hater, but Pulp Fiction and the Kill Bill movies never did much to me - I'd even say I find them a bit overrated (and that tune from PF is so overplayed - God, people put this everywhere). I enjoyed Django Unchained and I have Jackie Brown on DVD (still have to watch it).

That said, he seems like a great guy seeing his tastes in cinema. I read an interview in a French magazine and he made a list of his favorite sequels - that was some GREAT selection. :nerd:

It won't happen at this point... But its worth pointing out that Hateful Eight seems clearly inspired by King Hu and his brand of Kezhan Film.

I won't voice in for Avenging Eagle or Come Drink With Me, having seen neither of these.

You need to change this. Top Shaw films IMO. :smile:

That could be interesting, assuming he does it - there have been talks of QT making a Western for ages and when Django Unchained came out... Well, it was NOT it, so QT is still working on a Western (supposedly coming out next year I think). :ooh:

I won't voice in for Avenging Eagle or Come Drink With Me, having seen neither of these. I just hope QT's MA/Wu Xia film won't turn out a piece of crap like RZA's film did (we all know what I'm referring to here).

Someone mentionned CDWM was already remade and it was called CTHD - I really hope the original CDWM isn't like that, CTHD is so boring and overrated... Just like pretty much all of Ang Lee's movies. :neutral: I trust it's not though, we're talking of a quintessential Shaw Bros movies.

I don't consider myself a QT hater, but Pulp Fiction and the Kill Bill movies never did much to me - I'd even say I find them a bit overrated (and that tune from PF is so overplayed - God, people put this everywhere). I enjoyed Django Unchained and I have Jackie Brown on DVD (still have to watch it).

That said, he seems like a great guy seeing his tastes in cinema. I read an interview in a French magazine and he made a list of his favorite sequels - that was some GREAT selection. :nerd:

CDWM is rather slow but it is an pot-boiler, a slow burner. It would certainly seem slow by today`s standards. But, its a damn fine film. And, so is AE. But, AE is a faster paced film with some great action; only screwed up by a missing 1 minute during the end fight scene in the Celestial remastered copies.

And, I am not sure if QT could make a film as horrible as Man With The Iron Fists if he tried. Though QT has never been one of my favorite directors, I have always liked all of his films. However, Jackie Brown is a beautiful mess. It really could have been trimmed up. QT was almost swallowed up into his own ass during that time. Even Kill Bill; which is the only QT film that I own, could have been edited into a better film. But, I think that Django Unchained was the return of QT. It will be interesting to see what he does in the future.

C'mon man that's Dick Dale! Legendary surf guitarist, I saw him last year play a show, at 77 years old he blew the young opening acts off the stage, if you ever get a chance see him live.

Secret Executioner
C'mon man that's Dick Dale! Legendary surf guitarist, I saw him last year play a show, at 77 years old he blew the young opening acts off the stage, if you ever get a chance see him live.

Nothing personal about the guy (didn't even know who it was), it's just the tune itself that I can't stand.

Nothing personal about the guy (didn't even know who it was), it's just the tune itself that I can't stand.

The guy plays his guitar upside down & backwards - with strings 5 times the size of normal ones.

Got to give him props for that at the very least!

He can also fight pretty good from what I've heard.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Yeah Dick Dale is a real legend.

He comes to our town every year.

Although I have not seen him I still have great respect for his work.

Dick Dale - Nitro (Live on KEXP)

Stevie Ray Vaughan & Dick Dale Pipeline

GD Y-Y

Cognoscente
On 5/2/2007 at 2:15 PM, Guest The Amazing Psychoper said:

According to Twitchfilm.net, TWC has anounced that Quentin Tarantino was interested to helm a remake of Come drink with me! Seems Quentin has given up on stealing from everyone and is just going to simply remake the movies... :b

Come drink with me!?! I just don't see the point, nor the interest...

The Amazing Psycho Per :evil

This would make for an interesting final film for Quentin if he decided to turn it into an English story - a medieval tale with William Tell as the drunken knight.

• Like 1