beards and axes

Guest daTOAD

Guest daTOAD

hello all. not new ,but been a while since ive posted. glad to see the post are just as interesting as i remembered.

i love movies were the guys wear fake beards. anyone know of any titles with this type of costuming[?] also looking for films with the main weapon as long axes, spears, poles, halberds.any help is greatly welcomed. thanks.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest BKarza

Beards-

5 Venoms

Brave Archer 3

Sword Stained with Royal Blood

Brave archer 4

Long Weapons-

any Venoms movie aside from 5 Venoms. Hell, any Chang Cheh Shaw movie after 5 venoms

Sun Chung films from Judgement of an Assassin on(minus Notorious 8 and Revenge of the Corpse/The Bloodthirsty Dead) . Deadly Breaking Sword with the single halberd.

Chor Yuen movies..As he and Sun Chung both used Tong Gaai as the choreographer(Death Duel has a single halberd come out of a pole). This is where you tend to see halberd usage.

Monkey Kung Fu..Kuan Feng with mesmerizing pole work

5 Super Fighters..Kuan Feng with mesmerizing spear work

Lau Kar Leung movies..Shaolin Mantis should get you..8DPF.Legendary Weapons(snake single halberd here)..My Young Auntie..um, Dirty Ho

The Master

Lover's Blades

even Cat vs Rat

Guest TheManInWhite

Let us not forget Heroes of the East and 8 Diagram Pole Fighter, both Lau Kar Leung films.

Guest morgoth

Yeah, that is probably why he is trying to find good beards. Return of the Kung Fu Dragon with Polly Shang Kwan has a villain with one of the better beards I have seen.

I could be wrong though, he could be looking for really bad beards.

Guest daTOAD

thanks for the titles.forgot about police pool of blood. i shouldve been more specific though. in the visual arts the beard was usually reserved for the villian[stubble-untamed no allegience to either side, clean shaven-hero],so if a "good" guy wore one it was usually a stylistic choice.this is what im looking for, a lead character[good or bad] with a cool beard and weapon[preferably long weapon]. the best examples ,i think are; Swordsman and the Enchantress and House of Traps. white beards are cool ,but on older chararcters they suggest wisdom. i want the stylistic beard. many thanks.

Brigadier Chow

How about Ti Lung in The Kung Fu Instructor and The Master Strikes Back... I almost forgot Swordsman and Enchantress.

Guest daTOAD

How about Ti Lung in The Kung Fu Instructor and The Master Strikes Back...

Right, i forgot about Kung Fu Instructor. he had the cool goatee and used a pole-perfect. i dont remember Master Strikes Back[although i have the crappy boot-havent watched for years].thanks

Archived