The Deadly Duo / 雙俠 (1971)

Guest the dirty tiger

Guest the dirty tiger

There are a lot of nice b+w publicity photos for the film Deadly Duo in contemporary magazines, but most of the promotional shots I have only ever seen in b+w. Anybody have those shots in colour ? :eek

Guest Harlem Shaw

Does anyone know if "The Deadly Duo" is getting rereleased on DVD by anyone besides Celestial i.e. Image or Dragon Dynasty? T.D.D, as well as "Kung-Fu Instructor", audio on the celestial are so awful I could never even watch them. I'm praying that someone will rescue these flicks for us!

Guest Kwok Choi

If you are desperate you can get the UK Momemtum dvd of The Deadly Duo which does not suffer from bad sound effects but it is 2.35 letterbox aspect ratio not 2.35 anamorphic for the benefit of widescreen tvs

Guest killer meteor

There is no Momentum Deadly Duo. It was on their list of prospective titles but they cancelled the range. Ditto Siren, who told me last week the Shaws were a "financial failure!

Guest spannick

both are out on French DVD with original perfect-sounding Mono; And much better Picture Quality due to using the Original PAL Masters without Conversion. No English Options though...

btw don't hope for any future German DVDs, they were a financial Failure too.. they're getting rid of them in the Bargain Bins now what's remaining.

Guest oldeschool17

so does that mean siren is no longer picking up shaw titles? if you visit their website, last i check, it says "coming in july 2007".

Guest tigerstyles

last time i wrote to Siren they told me they had poor sales too.. thats why they had that mad sale on a while back.. i got a load for around £4 each

Guest Markgway

I guess Celestial has a higher opinion of their product than the market does. They may have to giveaway the rights in future.

Guest killer meteor

I don't the companies helped themselves, what with the poor quality control, inadequate authoring (non-anamorphic, bad subtitles etc) and a bad choice of films - do we really need titles like The Emperor and His Brother and Lust For Love Of A Chinese Courtesan at the expsense of Deadly Duo, Martial Club, The Sword of Swords etc

I don't the companies helped themselves, what with the poor quality control, inadequate authoring (non-anamorphic, bad subtitles etc) and a bad choice of films

All things controled mainly by Celestial.

You're telling me! I can find little reason for it, but Celestial controls what soundtracks, covers, menus, subtitles, etc go on product. And they have final say as well. The DD releases have a little more leeway, but not as much as you may think.

Not the worst cover....but could be better. Either way it will be nice to have the film un-cut...hopefully the whole anamorphic issue will not rear it's ugly head again.

Shaolin Patriot

Can someone confirm if the Elegant Trails: David Chiang and Ti Lung featurettes will be the only special features on this disc? Is there a chance of seeing anything else?

I picked this up early at an FYE!

It has the Elegant Trails features, plus the typical stills gallery and trailer gallery, but with the original Mandarin trailer as well as the Celestial trailer. Nothing surprising, but I can't get enough of these interviews.