Black Magic 2

Guest Lei Kung

Guest Lei Kung

Just watched this one compliments of Jaman player. I assumed Celestial released this, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Does it have an AKA or is it not out yet or something?

Anyway, excellent movie. One of the craziest intros I can remember... giant plastic crocodile attacking naked bathing girls! I haven't seen the first so I don't know how it compares. Lo Lieh was pretty badass as the black magician. I was a bit suprised by the number of nude scenes, as Lo Lieh drinks womens' breast milk to stay looking young. The spell casting scenes were all awesome, shots of the victim parallel with Lo Lieh worshipping the altar and spitting blood on the voodoo doll. Peringaten, I think you would love this movie.

Black Magic is on my to-be-ordered list as will this one be if it's available.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest venomchamber

BLACK MAGIC PART 2 (U.S. Title: REVENGE OF THE ZOMBIES) is a sick puppy of a film, and one of my personal favorite horror films, Shaw or otherwise! :eek

I rushed to Chinatown the day the first BLACK MAGIC was released, and even went for a second helping when Image released the English dub version with the nice outer sleeve!

(Too bad the audio seems to come from the worst possible source imaginable. My old VHS tape from Dragon Video still sounds superior to the audio track used for the domestic release. They should re-release it with remastered audio provided from an improved source.

-but I digress...)

Back to BM 2: sadly, it was supposed to be released on DVD and VCD last year, but it never surfaced. (*See Celestial promo below)

Hopefully, it will finally be released this year, along with SEEDING OF A GHOST...another sick flick from the Shaws I highly recommend. Cross your fingers!

What's more, I hope they don't restrict its release to inferior quality VCD only like they have been doing with some of their other horror/exploitation titles recently.

Its a pity to remaster a film only to release it on the cheapest, most inferior format. :(

shawbrothers2006ac0.jpg

Guest Lei Kung

It's a shame they didn't release it. I wonder why that is. Obviously the guy who made that call hadn't seen it or something.

Guest Ivy Ling Po

I emailed my friend at Celestial today and asked when Black Magic 2 will be released. He replied with not so good news.....early 2008. I wonder why since the movie is already available for download at jaman.com

Guest deliriocaldo

Weird... maybe other titles that were kicked by Celestial from the DVD release schedule will at least show up on movie download services?!? Let's hope so... but at the moment, this is of absoultely no use to me, as european downloaders are blocked on Jaman's celestial titles...

Guest drunkenmantis13

For shame. Can't wait for it!

I just checked that Jaman website, it's pretty nice. Long preview for BM2. Rental (just watching it) is actually on the site but you have to register. It's $4.99 to buy it (download). I guess it's possible to download it and then burn it to watch on my tv?

IVY LING PO--you say you have a friend at celestial--i was wondering if you could do me a favour and ask him when they plan to option out some of that massive english dub library their sitting on. we dub fans can,t wait forever. thanks--i appreciate it:rollin

Guest Ivy Ling Po

Hi bobo

I don't think he will know as he is more on the marketing side for the Celestial releases in Asia. English dubs are not a priority here. We like to listen to the original language and if someone does not understand (like me), there are the English subs to fall back on.

Guest Lei Kung

drunkenmantis,

Signing up for Jaman is free and you'll get a lot of free rentals out of it. I've seen BM2, Black Butterfly, and 14 Amazons without having to pay for anything. I'm not so sure that you can burn the stuff you download though.

Archived