Lady Exterminator

Guest kungfufreak

Guest kungfufreak

Have anyone Infos to this Film with Chen Ping?

Have heard is a Sequel to the Sexy Killer Film with she and is a Remake of Foxy Brown with Pam Grier.

I hope this coming in the next Year!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ivy Ling Po

This one will not be remastered and released by Celestial at all according to the catalogue.

Guest kungfufreak

Thats BAD News.I waiting of this Film a long Time.

On the old celestial DVDs have I seen in the Filmographie from Chen Ping this Film with *avaible from celestial Pictures.

Is this canceled??

Guest Ivy Ling Po

Not all the Shaw movies will be remastered and released. This one was not selected. I would love to see this movie too. So I am as disappointed as you are. A VCD-only release is better than none at all.....and it is not at all in this case.

Guest kungfufreak

Yes,a other Film how I waiting long Time.

The old german and france vhs are cut and the greek tape is in crappy fullscreen.Great Film.

From Lady Exterminator have I never heard from a vhs version in the World.

PLEASE,Celestial bring this Stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Ivy Ling Po

I will hang onto my Deadly Angels video and pray it never becomes mouldy as it is also NOT going to be remastered and released by Celestial. Ditto for Ching Li's Na Cha & The 7 Devils, Mission Impossible & Ripples. Sad!

Guest Stuntman Jules

Better yet, get it transferred to DVD!

But yeah, very unfortunate news. I've been looking forward to their release of DEADLY ANGELS for years.

Guest Stuntman Jules

I believe it's because the non-martial arts Shaw films haven't made as much money as they had hoped, so they opted to either a. release them to VCD only or b. simply shelve some of them.

Guest venomchamber

Pity. You would think after all of the HK Angel films of the 80s & 90s, not to mention the recent U.S. Charlie's Angels movies there would be a strong enough following for action chick-flicks to warrant an immediate release!

Is it possible they re-titled it?

They retitled Sun Chung's The Drug Connection as The Sexy Killer and deleted the poster. Is this possibly due to some form of Region 3 drug propaganda censorship?

What's more, they also retitled Liu Chia-Liang's The Spiritual Boxer Part 2 as The Shadow Boxing. Before then, I have never seen or heard of this alternate title, and I have all of the HK Movie News & Southern Screens that referenced it from production to release.

So maybe they'll release it as The Sexy Killer Part 2?:lol

If not, its a pity. :(

Guest Ivy Ling Po

Celestial has also made a decision not to remaster and release many horror films like Seeding Of A Ghost.

Apart from Hell Hath No Boundary which will be released this year, there's only Fangs Of The Cobra (no release date set) & Black Magic 2 early 2008.

Celestial has also made a decision not to remaster and release many horror films like Seeding Of A Ghost.

I've seen a list of remastered horror films they're shopping around. And there's at least 10 horror films that haven't been released yet. But you're correct, Seeding of a Ghost was not on there.

Guest Ivy Ling Po

Hi Linn

In the catalogue Celestial passed to me, there are only 3 horror films left to release. Can it be that the other 7 horror films are for other markets and not for Hong Kong?

that's correct. Meaning they have remastered the films, but just don't plan to release them there.

Guest deliriocaldo

Anybody got a clue WHY they are not released in HK? After putting out stuff like LOST SOULS, this could hardly be a censorship problem, I presume?

I'd be highly interested in which titles were offered. Unfortunately, I can't imagine any market they could be put out, as a lot of the Shaw horror stuff, like BEWITCHED, CURSE OF EVIL, SPIRIT OF THE RAPED etc. is, simply put, completely unknown to fandom...

these don't make money for IVL. They could release many other films that do. The horror titles just haven't done well. Hence their move to vcd or no release at all.

Archived