Unfamiliar SB Title?

Guest 5th Yang

Guest 5th Yang

While browsing through the Library of Congress for SB films I came across this cataloged title that I'm unfamiliar with.

Could it be an aka for Human Lanterns?

Relevance:

LC Control No.: 2001636266

Type of Material: Moving Image or Slide/Transparency

Main Title: The bloodthirsty dead / director, Sun Chung.

Published/Created: 1981.

Related Names: Copyright Collection (Library of Congress)

Description: 1 videocassette of 1 (VHS) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in. viewing copy.

Notes: Copyright: Shaw Brothers (Hong Kong), Ltd. PUB 1981; REG 17Nov99; PA989-532. Reg. under GATT/URAA restoration.

Sources used: copyright data sheet; copyright data base.

In Chinese with Chinese/English subtitles.

Acquisition Source: Received: 7-10-2000; viewing copy; copyright deposit--no agreement; Copyright Collection.

LC Classification: VAH 6723 (viewing copy)

Copyright Registration No.: PA989-532 U.S. Copyright Office

CALL NUMBER: VAH 6723 (viewing copy)

-- Request in: Motion Picture/TV Reading Rm. By Appointment (Madison LM336)

5th Yang

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest peringaten

That would be an aka for Revenge Of The Corpse.

What a great poster that one has:

RevengeOfTheCorpse.jpg

Another one I'm desperate to see - why do these Sun Chung flicks' fates hang in the balance...

Guest tino

That looks like a kick ass movie! Who's the dildo at celestial in charge of what will or will not be released?

Guest deliriocaldo

It's not on the list of the titles celestial is still going to remaster which was posted here (by Ivy Ling Po?)

What I don't understand is why Celestial should stop after they're through with that films... It is said that horror and exploitation stuff is doing badly concerning sales numbers, but (1) celestial has already acquired the rights for those films, and (2) they have in-house capabilities to remaster them. And since bad sales numbers are better than no sales at all (and a digital restoration facility that lies idle), it would be really stupid not to remaster the whole library they acquired... Maybe the materials have deterorirated? But a lot of the films that got axed are post 1975, so that's unlikely, too...

I really don't have any clue why they should follow a strategy of not putting out the whole stuff they acquired....

And since bad sales numbers are better than no sales at all (and a digital restoration facility that lies idle), it would be really stupid not to remaster the whole library they acquired... Maybe the materials have deterorirated?

That's exactly right, with the exception of a handful of films that were damaged or the like, they've remastered everything. But IVL are not releasing all the horror titles because they don't make money. It has nothing to do with Celestial not wanting to put them out.

Guest tino

I wish the celestial folks were passionate about these films and not just about the money then we would see them all released. Oh well, at least we will still get some great ones released before they call it quits.

Archived