Derek Yee vs David Chaing

Guest daTOAD

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Just watched Celestial's remaster of Shaolin Mantis last night. What an awesome flick and the translations were'nt too bad either. David Chiang kicks ass in that film.

Guest Chinatown Kid

I always thought Chiang did a nice job in Shaolin Handlock, a good little Kung Fu movie....

Guest CHIANG FU

I think David is the better actor. I liked him as the thief in The Savage Five with the secret past and the mysterious kung fu skills. And as the one among the Five Shaolin Masters who took on a leadership role in the group. As the reluctant young teacher kept away from his family, trying to do his duty for his country and investigate a powerful man while dealing with the man's spoiled brat of a daughter in "Shaolin Mantis."

Also liked his role as "The Rover" in Duel Of The Iron Fist.It's one of my favorite movies. I like the brotherhood that he and Ti Lung have. What about David's character in "Blood Brothers" who got stuck between a rock and a hard place after finding out his friend Ti Lung was having an affair with their friend Chen Kwan Tai's wife?

Lastly, I didn't see all of it...but he's in this movie called "The Imposter" where David portrays this man of many disguises.

Which brings me to Derek Yee...

I like the guy. Think he's so handsome. He's got skills with the sword, alright. But to me, it seems like he's playing the same old royal Prince-sometimes good, sometimes bad and always looking like a woman with all that hair and those pretty, colorful robes. It's only one movie I can remember seeing where Derek ever seemed to be portraying someone different. That's this movie called "The Young Lovers."

Guest sammofan

Maybe I'm alone but there's just something about David that makes me wanna punch that smirk off his face! :evil

I only kind of like him when he doesn't have that grinning cheeky chappy persona.(e.g. New One Armed Swordsman he spent the whole film down in the dumps. Fantastic! :lol )

Guest teako170

:eek whatttttttttt???? :eek

Derek Yee couldn't "act" his way out of a wet paper bag.

My man is DC all the way! :smokin

Guest Chen Zhen

David Chiang all the way...hes just TOO cool for his own good, and is a great actor...and despite his martial arts inabilities...he can keep up wiht the fastest, most complex choreography...even moreso than actual martial artists...for proof, just watch shaolin mantis, the challenger or the loot.

Archived