35mm english print of KWTGA?

Guest sevenhooks

Guest sevenhooks

I seem to recall some time back that a screening had taken place (where? dunno) of Kid With The Golden Arm.

It was a dirty 35mm print in english.

Anyone else remember this, where it was, etc.?

Would love to hear from someone who attended the screening.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mr HKmovie

There was a screening of this on May 5th in Philadelphia. The problem is that it was the same time as the big DeLaHoya/Mayweather fight, so I didn't go. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who attended. Unfortunately, it was preceded by a screening of 7 Brothers Meet Dracula. That movie sucks. I wouldn't be surprised if the audience was completely empty by the time KWTGA started.

Guest sevenhooks

Wow. That's a pretty recent screening.

I was thinking more along the lines of about a year ago at least.

Guest teako170
There was a screening of this on May 5th in Philadelphia.
Where in Philly did this take place?

Guest iron flag

Whats the story with the prints of all the movies that used to be shown on 42nd St? (I know KwtGA was one of them) They must be somewhere around.

Guest sevenhooks

Theaters were SUPPOSED to send them back to the distributor (World Northal in this and most cases).

What World Northal did with them once they went out of business is anyones guess.

Every now and then I come across some 16mm english Shaw prints from World Northal.

These were usually distributed throughout the military.

I have a 16mm print of Legendary Weapons that came from a US ship.

Guest gfanikf
There was a screening of this on May 5th in Philadelphia. The problem is that it was the same time as the big DeLaHoya/Mayweather fight, so I didn't go. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who attended. Unfortunately, it was preceded by a screening of 7 Brothers Meet Dracula. That movie sucks. I wouldn't be surprised if the audience was completely empty by the time KWTGA started.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH

@#%$ I would have called out sick from work to have seen that. If it was at the troc though it may have been a DVD blown up on a large screen as they have done that before.

Guest HAZ74

This may have been shown in Toronto in the last year & a half. Holla at DOR from SS. He'd know the scoop.

Guest mr HKmovie

It was shown on film at the International House in Philly on May 5th. I think this same print was used about a year ago for a screening in NJ. I forget the actually city, but not too far from Philly. I should have posted a note about the May 5th screening on this board. A group called Exhumed films will do a kung fu double or triple feature once a year. They only use film prints, never DVDs.

Guest silver hermit

it was shown in toronto and it was nice to see :) packed house. the print owner posts here from time to time ;)

Archived