Secret Service end fight (spoilers)

Guest morgoth

Guest morgoth

Is this the craziest fight scene ever or what? I thought Demon Strike was pretty crazy, I had no freaking idea! Leung goes aroung killing everyone with ease. Even an army of a hundred including Phillip Ko can't touch him. It really does come as a surprise to see him get his ass whooped by the evil eunuch. I was cracking up of course when the kid throws the rock. The fight is great but then Leung starts getting his you know what twisted in half. Absolutely crazy stuff. Then it ends with Leung in such a believable rage and almost killing his son. That is one of the best scenes ever filmed right there.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest morgoth

It seemd to be sped up by the director. Many scenes aren't as sped up, but the finale is out of control at times.

but with PAL speed up as well, it's out of control. This was one of the only discs that it bothered me on. They really need a correct NTSC conversion for this one.

Guest killer meteor

I've seen similar problems on The Mighty One. Being a largely PAL consumer, it's looks more like the conversion is making the image too soft and therefore lacking in weight. There is a proper PAL Secret Service from Germany but I haven't seen that

Speaking of which, on the genuine PAL DVD of The Shadow Whip, there's a fight that looks a) excessivly undercranked and B) someone's set it to a very jerky speed, so it looks like poor stop motion animation? Could Celestial be tampering with the frame rates or knocking frames out of such scenes or could it a decision by the filmmakers?

Guest ODH1

9,000 years wasn't that his name? I loved this movie, especially the finale. I loved the directors out there / new wave stuff but here he excelled with a much more straightforward story. though, i guess about anything is straightforward relative to bastard swordsman and the others

Archived