New Game Of Death (aka Goodbye Bruce Lee, His Last Game of Death) (1975)

Guest killer meteor

Guest killer meteor

The summer release schedule at Dragons Den UK lists this Taiwanese Bruce Li film alongside the Shaws. Interesting, though the current UK DVD is superb, and this one will most likely be a PAL-NTSC conversion

Guest killer meteor

AFAIK, it was a co-production between a Taiwanese company and the German Atlas International - the charming folks behind Mark Of The Devil

there's one more, but I'd have to do some digging. Can't remember the title off the top of my head. Since this wasn't a Shaw film, who wants to bet they still add the Shaw intro? Should confuse writers in the future quite a bit. It will be interesting if we see a couple of more films the Shaws had distribution rights for in HK. If so, we could see some VERY cool stuff.

Guest Chinatown Kid

I have the Anchor Bay DVD of this film under the title Goodbye Bruce Lee; His Last Game of Death and it's 2.35:1 w/s and the pic quality is excellent. However, I'm a fan of Ho Chung Tao but this is not one of his better films imo. The fight choreography is sub par and it looks incredibly cheap, I definately won't be picking up the Celestial version. Not only because I don't think it's good, but because I don't think it could look any better than the Anchor Bay DVD.

Guest kungfusamurai
What's this film like?

The fight scenes look like they were directed by Rudy Ray Moore. I already have it as a cheapie full screen dub, so a widescreen version is a waste of money for me. Out of all of the Bruce Li Bruce Lee rip offs (or homages :) , this one is THE worst.

KFS

Guest Shaolin Patriot

I wonder if the other possibility could be Ming Patriots (I might have heard it mentioned awhile back under an earlier release "schedule"). I'd also love to see Last Strike with Lo Meng and Lama Avenger with Chin Yuet Sang make it to DVD. Two great films!

Guest Markgway

I hope Celestial don't add the Shaw logo to this (or any other non-Shaw films).

I'd hate the less-aware fans to think Shaw Bros made it.

They added the Shaw logo to the Cosmopolitan films but at least those actually were made by the Shaw Bros company under a different name.

Guest Chinatown Kid

I would love to see remasters of The Last Strike, Lama Avenger, and Dynamo which are some of Ho's best. It would also be great to see any of Billy Chong's Eternal Films remastered!

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Thanks kungfusamurai, I appreciate the heads up. The film sounds deplorable as are almost all, if not all, Bruce Lee rip offs!

Guest mpm74

Iron Dragon Strikes Back seems like it might be a Shaw co-production... isn't the director of this flick a shaw player?

Guest venomchamber

pfeh.

Celestial doesn't want to release any more horror or exploitation titles, but they're putting out this piece of crap. :(

Go figure.

The mind is boggled by this nonsense.

When they have the most coveted and desirable film library in Asia, first they resort to re-releasing the recent and much more common Cosmopolitan films, and now indie crap like this.

...I guess their BRUCE LEE AND I aka BRUCE LEE: HIS LAST DAYS, HIS LAST NIGHTS DVD release must've made a small fortune for them last year and now they're looking for a quick follow-up to cash-in on!? :evil

What gives anyway? I don't believe this one is even an Eternal Films production (*formerly Shaw & Sons) and there are nearly a dozen Bruce Li films that actually are including one with Lo Mang and Ku Feng [SOUL BROTHERS OF KUNG-FU] that is actually watchable, in addition to all the Billy Chong films as well! 8)

Celestial and IVL should prioritize their efforts and not waste their capital [$], but rather finish what they set out to do in the first place.

Guest venomchamber

NOT A SHAW FILM!

This is why Celestial pulled the plug on TO KILL A MASTERMIND, LOVER'S BLADES, THE DEADLY ANGELS and numerous others...

bruceliinnewgameofdeathtp5.jpg

blah.

Seen one Bruce Li, seen them all.

Only good one in the whole lot was DEADLY STRIKE aka SOUL BROTHERS OF KUNG-FU.

...and that was mainly because Lo Mang, Ku Feng, Chiang Tao and Billy Chong's sidekick Carl R. Scott from Eternal Films were in it!

This film is useless. :x

hmmm...Celestial opted for no more horror or exploitation releases...guess that doesn't include this horrific piece of Bruceploitation.

Guest 5th Yang

Absolute garbage! Who the hell's been waiting 25 years to see this film remastered and released?

You gotta be kidding me.

Guest killer meteor

I agree it's silly to release this, considering a restoration is already out on DVD. Heck, I enjoyed it!

BTW, Deadly Strike and Soul Brothers Of Kung Fu are different films.

Guest Chinatown Kid

He must have got Deadly Strike confused with The Last Strike which is an aka for Soul Brothers. If this was a remastered version of Dynamo, Soul Brothers of Kung Fu or The Lama Avenger they were releasing I wouldn't be complaining as they are some of li's best films, but releasing one of his worst films like New Game of Death is nothing but a waste and the Anchor Bay DVD looks like it already is remastered! Why oh why?