Less Quality for Nastalgia reasons, Im a wierdo i think....

Guest dndcollect

Guest dndcollect

I am finding myself enjoying taped from TV versions of Shaw films, like ones taped in the early 90's or 80's.

if there are commercials that is even better.

i think some would find that disgraceful since there are picture perfect versions staring at me in my library.

anyone else do this or am i a freak?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest fabhui
anyone else do this or am i a freak?

You're a freak! ;)

And you're probably not the only one either...

Guest killer meteor

I kinda like the crackle of a vinyl record, or the hiss and crackle of an old film print, but something that compromises a film to the extent of a TV print - count me out

Guest daTOAD

have double feature of Invincible One and Fist Of The White Lotus[this is how i found out my Vista version was cut] from USA's Up Allnight, commercials and all. was actually kind of nostalgic to watch. if only i had the Kung Fu Theatre showings...Confuscious says-we'll be right back.:b

Guest dndcollect

hell, i even like the distorted tv image, like when it looks like there is too much zoom.

:rollin

Guest GoldenArm

I have early 80's vhs tapes of blackbelt theater and the commercials on there definately add to the nostalgia.

Guest tylerpistol

I'm kind of like that, too. For some reason those Rarescope DVDs seem more authentic because I'm sure that's how bad a lot of kung fu movies looked when they were screened. I also like to watch some old horror movies on VHS because that's how I used to watch them when they first came out.

But don't get me wrong. I'll take a remastered subtitled print any day over a cruddy washed out VHS tape.

Archived