Celestial Bootleggin'?

Guest HAZ74

Hi,

Been seeing some Celestials for sale on line with the Celestial logo & the name "Zoke Culture" on em. Are they mainland editions? They're crazy cheap. Here's a pic:

theassassin-9787798942842-front.jpg

I wanna say they're boots, but they look professionally done & I've seen lots of zoke culture DVD's & they look like a legit company.

What's the scoop?

peace

Haz

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dragon herb

I also wondered if they are bootleggers. I watched Zokes Miracles-DVD for a month ago and that was just a rip of HKL's disc, if excluding their short Zoke-logo intro.

there's bootleggars using the Zoke logo to make it look legit in China. Zoke is a legit company, but there's another group using their logo. Rumor has had it for years that they have some part in the "other" Zoke, hence their lack of a crack down.

Guest limubai2000

I was going to say the Zoke hologram sticker like the one on my Hero DVD would tell you if it's fake or real, but the boot shown has what looks like the same sticker.

Yes Zoke is legit and they released Hero in R3 DVD.

Hi,

I have a few different DVD's of Hero, but none of mine say Zoke on 'em. They're from Face. The Zoke's that I have are mainland DVD's of Jet Li films & movies that come in that weird "Simplified packaging".

peace

h

I have Zoke releases of Wheels on Meals, Winners and Sinners and Miracles. They look legit, nice embossed outer sleeves, hologram stickers etc but the discs are obvious copies of HKL dvds.

Guest dragon herb

The papercases indeed are weird and use to steal other labels designs, at least those I've seen. The only legit I think I own is of SPL.

Guest chen lung

Some titles haven't been released elsewhere (especially with a DTS soundtrack) suggesting Fortune Star may have legally given them some materials.

Guest Dashiell

I too am wondering if these are bootlegged or not... can anyone confirm or deny?

HKFlix is running a great price on them, but we all know HKs policy on boots >D

Guest lousy

I've got two Celestial Zoke DVDs. Martial Club and Cat vs Rat. I'm pretty sure both are legit. They're on DVD9s. Most bootleggers don't bother using dual layer discs (in my experience).

The nice thing about them is they are also region free.

Guest drunkenmantis13

There's a handful of these i'd buy from HKflix. So what's this simplified packaging like? Looks like either a regular amaray with slipcase or a digipak...

Guest Shaolin Patriot

I'd be curious to see a comparison between IVL's Chinese Boxer and the Zoke version. Chinese Boxer was one of those earlier releases with the remixed, synthesized audio. I would venture a guess that Zoke would release the same audio (i.e. reuse the same audio DVD compressions as IVL).

Guest inchilottaP

Isn't a dvd cover that states DVD-9 really big on the front generally a good sign of a bootleg like the one pictured?

Maybe times have changed but I remember hearing something to that effect long ago.

Can't be bothered with mainland dvds anyways.Too much of a chance of getting an anti-bootleg logo popping up every 15 minutes if you have the subtitles on.

Much of the time on bootlegs. :lol

Guest lousy

Isn't a dvd cover that states DVD-9 really big on the front generally a good sign of a bootleg like the one pictured?

I don't know, but my copy of Cat vs Rat is definitely a double layer disc. You can see the glitch/pause when it changes layers. Same with the Martial Club, and that one I also know is DL because I've made a copy of it.

Archived