DD King Boxer and My Young Auntie Cover's

Guest gfanikf

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest drunkenmantis13

Thanks! Looks all good to me. Can't wait to get the DD Shaw's hoping for the best. Also need that Hard-Boiled badly...

Guest 5th Yang

Awesome! This is how it should look when you put some time into designing a great cover.

I'm all over these first 4 titles.

5th Yang

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

How is My Young Auntie? Is it more serious of a film than comedic? Who are the leads?

Guest 5th Yang

vengeance, it's mainly a comedy but the kung fu is top notch and the end fights are worth having this film in your collection. Great film IMO.

Stars Hsiao Ho and Kara Hui Ying

Wilson Tong and Gordon Liu in small roles

Liu Chia Liang vs Wang Lung Wei ;) <----Oh yeah

Guest PaulyOne

My Young Auntie is one of the greatest kung fu movies of all time

next to Executioners from Shaolin, it is lau kar leungs best film, in my opinion

Guest Chen Zhen

my young auntie is an annoying movie with A+ action. its pretty love/hate with most ppl in terms of comedy (i personally hate the comedy for the most part), but nobody can front on the action, especially that kickass finale

Guest kermit

I thought that only some of the Shaw Brothers titles were 'Quentin Tarantino Presents...' and they were coming later in the year.

Guest lousy

Looks good. My Young Auntie is one my favorite movies, if not the favorite. Awesome fight choreography. Between VHS and DVD, I've lost count of how copies of this movie I have. Always trying to find the best version. Hopefully this will be the definitive version.

Looks like I'm going to be spending a lot of $$$ this summer.

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Thanks 5th Yang, I may pick this up, I forgot I'd asked about this film a while ago and when I heard it was a comedy (I hate Shaws comedy in most cases) I passed. But those two dueling it out in the end may very well be worth the cash. I'll see if I can find it used.

Guest teako170

Yeah, I'm with you on that VoH, however, "My Young Auntie" is a definite must-buy. While "Lady is the Boss" was a bit overboard on the chuckles, MYA is definitely worth the admission price.

Guest tylerpistol

Not that you can tell much from a video of that size, but the playback didn't look too jerky (like the Image DVDs) and the information on the DD site seems to indicate they're at their full run times. Maybe these are new remasters, but I'll believe it when I see it.

What does "My Young Auntie" compare to?

Guest ironfistedmonk2003

The action in My Young Auntie is some of the best you will ever see, the last half hour is pure kung fu heaven. Forget the comedy rubbish in the first half, ignore Gordon Liu and Tsui Siu Keung playing guitar and singing badly, ignore the ball room dance bollox and just wait for the finale.

Guest PaulyOne

Man, the guitar scene is hilarious. Gordon Liu rocks it out with his bad wig and the dudes in white do that hot ass dance in unison... great stuff.

Maybe these are new remasters, but I'll believe it when I see it.

they did try to get prints to do the remasters themselves. The issue was the prints were not always the best or complete, so they had to often be cobled together.

Guest Tosh
Man, the guitar scene is hilarious. Gordon Liu rocks it out with his bad wig and the dudes in white do that hot ass dance in unison... great stuff.

:lol Yeah, I also liked the ballroom fight in their costumes and wigs, way different look since they were using swashbuckler swords, personally I dig the rivarly and sexual tension Hsiao Ho and Hui Ying have fighting during the movie, and does she evey look hot in that dress:eek

Archived