Usurpers of emperors power

Guest chopsocky

Guest chopsocky

Does anyone have any info on this flick or if it is any good, im a huge fan of early 80's shaws fantasy flicks so any info on how this ranks up with the likes of Demon and the lute and the dragon sabre flicks would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brigadier Chow

It's a solid intrigue tale, with a somewhat familiar plot. Two young princes are going at each other for the throne one being Max Mok (the good) and the other Chiu Gwok (prince from Weird Man). The evil one commits rape at the beginning of the film, Tony Liu Yung is a witness to this and along with Max Mok, Lau Suet Wah, and Lung Tien Sheng they expose the scandal to the king, to bend favor for Max Mok to inherit the throne. I don't want to give too much away, as I see it is coming in Dec. It does have some solid fights mostly with weapons, in a more new wave style with some wire work (as was common w Shaw productions post 82'). One warning, it does have a downer ending so if that is'nt your cup of tea stay away. I would say it is worth a buy though.

Archived