IVL June 7 Shaw Brothers Releases

Guest monk sante

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

So How is this Dragon Missile? Ridiculous? Realistic? Serious? Silly? Anyone seen this flick?

Guest jmungus

lets speculate, shall we- ho meng hua directing lo lieh, lau wing and a strong supporting cast that includes 'everybody`s favourite elder' ku feng....

definitely not silly or ridiculous.

IF the story supports anything over the top (i understand the dragon missile is kind of a boomerang-blade), im positive ho meng hua did it with style.

i could imagine a similar setting/structure and vibes as in movies like HMH`s vengeful beauty or swift sword, only in a fashion typical for 1976 (maybe its got a touch of 'magic blade').

after all, flying objects that kill are well known territory for mr. ho

there u have it. sounds good to me :b

i realize i will have to get this movie :D

Guest Live Wire

I will definitely order The Dragon Missile as Hoh Meng Hua (together with Chu Yuan) is my favourite director of the shaws and Lau Wing is one of my favourite actors.

I also plan to order Six Assassins. Has anyone seen it and could write something about it.

Guest Ivy Ling Po

I will certainly look forward to seeing Nancy Yen Nan-hsi in fighting mode. By the way, the box office receipts for Dragon Missile was bad. How come?

6 Assassins? I will pick this one up for Ling Yun and James Nam though the memory of Lily Li and the others being tied up only indicates that they must be mediocre fighters.

Guest fusheng007

The original running time of Killer Constable 35mm print is 97min.

The DVD time is 92min , aside from frame cuts and PAL conversion, it'll be fairly uncut.

Guest GwaiLoMoFo
By the way, the box office receipts for Dragon Missile was bad. How come?

Maybe it sucked?

Guest Ivy Ling Po

I have to find a movie to pair with Dragon Missile and cannot decide between 6 Assassins & Killer Constable.

Any advice given will be much appreciated.

Guest jmungus

'danny crane'. |I i mean to say.... 'chen kuan tai' !!!

hes in it. opposite ku feng. thats one of shaws top 3 heroes vs one of shaws top 3 baddies. the movie is killer constable.

next question plz :b

ivl synopsis is dancing the superlative boogaloo with KC:

"Kuei Chih-hung was famous for his modern day crime thrillers, his horror flicks, and even his comedies, but many feel this was his best kung-fu film. Many also consider this real life martial arts champion Chen Kuan-tai's best performance. As a deeply, even obsessively, dedicated Chief Court Constable, he illuminates the screen with fighting skill and emotional passion. Award winning actor Ku Feng is his equal, playing an especially homicidal robber-chief who thinks nothing of throwing all his men at their relentless pursuer. (IVL)"

six assassins looks neat too, no doubt about that.

cheng chang hua is a class director. broken oath, king boxer, swift knight- thats cream of the crop kf cinema. chances are, 6A will deliver.

besides, lily li is awesome (but shes not chen kuan tai ;) ) and maybe shes only supporting here.

Archived