Why Celestial is missing 5 Element Ninja

Guest Frank Lakatos

Guest Markgway
Why is every one so bent out of shape

Because we want originals in widescreen with subtitles. Duh!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i know you original language fans are frustated but just think how us english dub fanatics feel when less then half of the shaws that are known to be dubbed are available. sometimes i actually have trouble sleeping knowing they exist out there somewhere and i will probably never see them. :( :(

Guest Iron Boat

Because we want originals in widescreen with subtitles. Duh!

I understand that but not getting a release of 5EN vs TKAM is the lesser evil. At least the existing dub is clear and uncut. From what I know fans have been asking for Widescreen 5EN for over 20 years, maybe it doesn't exist? >D

Guest venomchamber

Once again, a WS 5EM does exist and its coming...:rollin

Its TKAM that doesn't exist, apparently by Celestial's executive decision. The only print they have is reportedly unremasterable. :(

5EN should be out by '08.

Guest Markgway
I understand that but not getting a release of 5EN vs TKAM is the lesser evil. At least the existing dub is clear and uncut.

True, it's better dub than nothing, it's just you made it sound like we were making a fuss for no good reason, and I disagree. Sure, it's most important that the films are available in some decent form, but that doesn't make the need for widescreen and subbed versions any less essential.

Guest Fatty Dragon

Not sure if it was mentioned but, on page 14 of the celestial catalouge it lists five element ninjas, so hopefully this means it will come out.

Killer Meteor
On 5/22/2007 at 5:54 PM, bobo said:

i know you original language fans are frustated but just think how us english dub fanatics feel when less then half of the shaws that are known to be dubbed are available. sometimes i actually have trouble sleeping knowing they exist out there somewhere and i will probably never see them. :(:(

i pity you

"I pity the fool!" - Mr. T                                                                                                            I knew l had heard that phrase somewhere before! 😉 But seriously I do like some dubs too, especially the ones I grew up watching. In a perfect world we would have the choice of original language with subs and the dub so you could please everyone. 

Going back and reading this old thread is fascinating... the rumors before Celestial released everything! Everyone had an inside scoop of why movies would never see the light of day.

I wish someone had the inside scoop on why they released the version of Chinatown Kid they did instead of the one we should have got. 

Archived