Why Celestial is missing 5 Element Ninja

Guest Frank Lakatos

Guest lickinblood

when i get my new pc in a 1000 years,i am going to rip some of my videos on soulseek,also 5 element the dutch tape and put it on soulseek

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Iron Boat

I am quite happy with my English dubbed Uncut but unfortunately not widescreen version of Super Ninja's....I dont think I would want to see it without the dubbing, its so funny dubbed.

I was about to tell you guys about some news that has something to do w/ some possible film cans that could have film reels of "Five Element Ninjas", other Shaw movies, H.K. movies, etc. However, that was before I read Linn1's reply about "FEN" having been sold to Celestial, so his reply told you to not worry about a DVD of that incredible, classic Shaw movie.

But in case you're still interested, I thought I'd still tell about it. There were some reports that the Sing Lee Movie Theatre in L.A. Chinatown was going to be re-opened by Mr. Tarantino. I was able to ask him about it at the Hollywood premiere for "Hero", and he said that the Sing Lee Theatre is "coming soon". And in the Downtown News newspaper(from around 2003), it said that the Sing Lee had a very big collection of film cans of old HK movies and Chinese movies, with some of them possibly being rare movies.

The article also said that Tarantino, w/ his assistants' help, was interested in restoring these prints. So these prints may or may not include some old Shaw movies. But after what Linn1 said, that might not matter except maybe for people who are interested in seeing some of those possibly rare HK and Chinese movies. And when I last checked, the former Sing Lee(now King Hing Theatre) still hasn't re-opened. It is, however, possible to see through the doors and notice the stack of HK film cans against the wall. Also, when I called the Chinatown B.I.D.(about 2 or 3 months ago), the latest news was that this theatre was still renovating. So I don't know if any of you would still be interested in all of this because like I said, Linn1 already said that Celestial is going to take care of the restored Shaw DVD's(including FEN).

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

"The films are not somewhere with people randomly putting out cigars on them and laughing in an evil tone as they burn Tiger Boy frame by frame in a nearby fire. Super Ninjas was sold to Celestial as part of the Shaw Brothers deal. If you don't see a release from IVL (and this goes for all the releases thought to be not coming from IVL, horror fans I'm talking to you!) you'll see it somewhere else. Relax. Go eat lunch at a nice restaurant and enjoy life."

Well put Linn.

Guest jmungus
wow, 5 Element Ninjas better be the best kf film of all time, based on all the fanboy hype ive been hearing...

always reminded me of a less ambitioned, cheaper version of marco polo with some of the wickedest over the top cartoonish martial mayhem/marathon clearwater bay has ever seen.

hou gung fu

Guest jmungus

havent watched 5EN in some years, but its the basic structure of both movies im referring to.

starts off at point a to introduce everyone and everything, moves straight on to point b, the "center" of both movies (in MC they seek refuge to practise their fu there and do all the conspiring stuff; in 5EN, the location is also some sort of a refuge/fort they would move out to engage in the various fights; both these "center locations" become subject to a siege/attack*.

hmm, if i didnt disregard any significant structural elements, they re pretty much the same if u ask me :\

*spoiler:

i remember when i watched 5EN for the first time (ca. 1987/88 ), it was the birth of me totally hating the fact 'this wicked dude' (lo meng) had to die early and this irritating fact has been accompanying me ever since :b (even tho ive seen him suffer an early death before; first venoms movie i ever saw was killer army in ca 1985; despite him surviving the majority of the flick (yay!), hes not the last man standing either. rip lo meng characters meeting early deaths` ;) )

Guest dragon herb
There is an uncut 145minute widescreen version available. Which version is this? PM me!

So the dutch tape is cut by 45 minutes?? :eek (100 minutes running, accordin to cover)

Edit: But you mean 1 hour and 45 minutes right? ;)

Greetings, y'all!

I just dl'ed Five Element Ninja. I'll post some screen caps cause I'm curious to know what version I have & how it compares to others out there. I watched the 1st 5 minutes & it was pretty good already. If I end up digging this, I'll want a better copy; any leads on where I should check? rarekungmovies.com looks good. Has anyone bought their subbed Five Element Ninja DVD?

peace

h

Guest Iron Boat

Well you are not going to find a widescreen version so dont hurt yourself searching for one...the best you can do is try to get an uncut version.

Well you are not going to find a widescreen version so dont hurt yourself searching for one...the best you can do is try to get an uncut version.

There's a webpage selling a widescreen chinese version right now.

Hi,

Here are some screen caps of the version I dl'ed. The Title screen looks different than others I've seen. I'd still be curious to see the subbed version.

cap004.jpg

cap005.jpg

cap013.jpg

peace

h

Guest mr HKmovie

The "widescreen" Chinese version is actually full screen, but the image was squeezed in order to be full screen. Sort of like the Ocean shores videos, but squeezed even more so, making the picture obviously distorted. I threw my video away years ago. But now I have a widescreen TV, so I wish I still had the video. You can stretch it back out on a widescreen TV and probably have a good widescreen image. The picture quality wasn't that good though. Maybe this new seller has managed to somehow stretch the picture back out into a widescreen image.

Hi Mr HKmovie,

Thanks for the knowledge. Would you happen to know what version the screen caps above are from? The title font looks different from those I've seen on-line.

Thanks

HAZ

Relax. Go eat lunch at a nice restaurant and enjoy life.

Linn, you always says this! :b

If this happens, i really think i will be very pissed off and i will do more than hit a red alert button, i will embody the spirit of chan wei man and pull out my old ninja clothing and find me stash of flying stars all of which i have buried and can only be located with a secret map i have to also unbury..

Sleepman, that's some funny @#%$. :D

Guest venomchamber

IT IS NOT MISSING! IT IS INDEED LISTED IN THEIR CATALOG WITH THE SAME COLOR STILL OF CHAO KUO WITH HIS ENTRAILS HANGING DOWN FROM HIS GROIN AS THE OLD DRAGON VIDEO COVER!

IT IS TITLED FIVE ELEMENTS NINJAS IN THEIR MARTIAL-ARTS SECTION.

I SUSPECT THEY ARE PROBABLY SAVING IT AS THEIR FINAL RELEASE SOMETIME IN 08.

NO SIGN OF TO KILL A MASTERMIND ANYWHERE THOUGH.

THAT'S A PITIFUL SHAME.

DAMN.

oh well, ATLEAST WE GOT THIS MUCH FROM THEM!

Guest Iron Boat

Why is every one so bent out of shape, I mean their are two dubbed versions that have been out for years that are pretty good. One of them is even uncut, (I have it of course) as in you will see the nude female ninja.

Archived