UKGOLD Spiritual Boxer old school dub tonight

Guest tigerstyles

Guest kermit

Its uktv G2, portly

I'm gutted i missed seeing '36th Chamber' on the telly.

I will definitely be watching 'Killer Clans' next friday.

Guest eatingfish

unfortunately uknova.com only allows uploads of uk tv that aren't available commercially

Edit- found out 36th chamber & killer clans arent on dvd in UK. But still no dice because also found out uknova only allows UK made content (not foreign content on UK tv). @#%$

Guest Monkey King 2000

Hello, my first ever post, although I have been reading posts on this site for sometime, thanks for all the updates, reviews, CD Wow link, etc. Has anyone seen the week after they are showing 2 Champions of Shaolin. When I clicked into the programs from the below link, it says they both have subtitles. Although not sure if it said this for 36 Chambers.

Guest sevenhooks

Welcome Monkey King.

I beleive the subtitle listing was there for 36 Chambers as well, which is why I'm not trusting it 100% until I hear from someone who's actually seen Killer Clans or one of these other movies to know for certain.

I also saw that they played "DISCIPLES of the 36th Chamber" a couple weeks back!

Now if THAT was in english and no one even so much as noticed, I'll be pissed!

I know our British brethren are out there...

What's good??

Guest Monkey King 2000

I have had two emails back from UKTV, the second one confirming all films will be dubbed, the first confirming what Kermit has already told us, but suggesting this is all they will be showing, as below:

In response to your query, as you know, we are currently playing a season of Shaw Brothers films on Friday nights at 9.00pm on our channel.

We recently played the 36th Chamber of Shaolin on Friday night just gone. This hasn't been rescheduled at present, but we will be showing it again at some point in 2007.

On Friday 8th March, we will be showing Killer Clans.

The following week, on the 16th March, we will be showing the Two Champions of Shaolin.

The 23rd March brings The Spiritual Boxer to our channel.

And it all ends on the 30th March, when we will be screening Vengeance.

Yes, all the Shaw Brothers films will be dubbed in English.

If you are like me, you will now have to check UKTV each week, until they replay 36 Chambers, I hope this will be soon!!

Guest killer meteor

They may be new English dubs in some cases but who knows?

Now if UK Gold got these, why the hell didn't a UK DVD distributor make the effort?

Guest Ninja Sinai

I discovered the screening of 36th Chamber purely by accident while I was looking for something to watch on Friday evening.. an was surprised and shocked to find that 36th Chamber was showing!

Luckily I have sky+ and recorded it!

Its the Celestial print with the classic English dub.. what shocked me the most was that the English dub sounded absolutely mint!!! Ive never heard a classic English dub sound so good!! The dub had obviously been remastered and was presented in all its mono glory! It was near perfect, no hiss at all!! Unlike the horrid UNREMASTERED loud snake hissing dub on the Images Legendary Weapons release! Thaw was just taking the piss man..! I hope future Image releases have clean remastered classic English dubs!

Hopefully ill be recording all the Shaw Bros season. If anyone wants me to rip them onto DVD just drop me an email and im sure we can work out a trade.

Now if UK Gold got these, why the hell didn't a UK DVD distributor make the effort?

cause they're stupid. All the "dub heads" are drooling right now I know. :) As for why Image doesn't have them. My guess is that these were recently remastered. I know they weren't given an option on cleaned up tracks.

Guest kermit

I've heard a rumour that Momentum Asia might have another go at releasing their Shaw Brothers catalogue.

Maybe people should email them and tell them how much they want these dubs and how theyre obviously available.

Make them realise that they can make some money if they get the English dubs on their DVDs.

Guest Ninja Sinai

If Momentum Asia do ever decide to have a go at releasing Shaw Bros movies again.. I really hope they have better designed sleeves man!

The ones they used for their Shaw titles were just UGLY and horrid!!

Some of the worst sleeves I’ve ever seen in fact..